CB750 K6 Dutch Barnfind ( New pictures )

Re: CB750 K6 Dutch Barnfind

Couldn't wait any longer, and thus I just did the first Tank seat mockup 8)

Foto-Y7VYQRSR-D.jpg

Also put the gauges on..... drivers view

Foto-6LPMI8X6-D.jpg

Still the stance is leaning backwards.
Hopefully the weight of the engine will tilt it forward, otherwise I might consider a bush on the rebound like I ones did with an Virago XV750 fork.

Foto-VENPWZ7Q-D.jpg

Some goodies coming my way :)
Adjustable Showa's from a later model ( '82 ? ) CB750F with Piggy Bags :)

Foto-88BFYIRY-D.jpg

Hej Guys,
Please help me with the next decission.........
Please bear in mind I want to have as much "original" look as possible, dont cut or weld etc......

As I think the bike will nee a more agressive stance, I was thinkeing about lowering the forks, or have them stick aboce the Tripple.
Now with the clubman bars that is not possible, but whatabout if I mount clipons?
These will then be above the Tripple, would that look stellar or stupid ? :eek:

I think the picture below has them this way.....
http://jeffreyhardy.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/discovery-hd-theater-cafe-racer-tv-dime-city-cycles-lifestyle-04.jpg

Foto-EO8JJWA8-D.jpg

I think It could look good,especially if I can find some nice ( bit modern CNC like ) adjustable ones to fit the 35mm fork......

Someting like these For example....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Adjustable-CNC-35mm-Fork-Tube-Clip-Ons-Handle-Bar-Handlebars-Gold-01-/280837540858#MRLOCATE

or:
Black is beautifull right ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Adjustable-CNC-35mm-Fork-Tube-Clip-Ons-Handle-Bar-Handlebars-Gold-/270927291901

Foto-VEAFLKCD-D.jpg

I mounted the clip-ons for my CB360 that way with no issues.

I also mounted a steering damper. I highly recommend one (especially if you are lowering the front end).

I will also go for lowering front end, but keep my clip-ons under the tree and maybe it's necessarry to add steering-damper... not sure how much I will lower and what angle it will ive the fork. Mine FJ600 has 25 degrees from start, so it might be a little nervous out of corners...

Under won't go..... As I have, and want to use the original fork/lamp ears.
I guess another type handlebars. Which really drop below the top tree level will look the best.
In combination with lowering, if still needed, lets see the stance after mounting the engine, and mounting my new piggy back shocks.

Hi Guys,

As also posted in 1-800- help section.
Will a CB750 K7 caliper fitt my K6 ?

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45868.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

As the topic say's...... What do you think, will it fit ?
I will use one, or two ( when I get the piston out of the second ) for a dual disk conversion.

According to the drawings the arm lever etc are different, but I also have these.
Don't think the fork legs, and wheel hubs are different, right ?
I think at least the brake disk are good to fit all types.

Ok this is what I have now mounted, original K6:
Foto-WID3RZQO-D.jpg

These are the ( I think ) K7 types there Tokico 3 on one and Tokico 4 on the other, for the rest they are similar.
Foto-SVHFXNJG-D.jpg

The biggest visual differences are where the bleeder, and pressure mounting hole are, and the fact that with the K6 the bolts mount from the other side.

Problem solved ;)

Got the correct type caliper now, piston is already out, and also the bleeder is now ! 8)

I'll give it to my neighbour this week, he will have it sandblasted at his work .......

Tetter said:
Problem solved ;)

Got the correct type caliper now, piston is already out, and also the bleeder is now ! 8)

I'll give it to my neighbour this week, he will have it sandblasted at his work .......

Wow! where did you get it so quick? :p

Bert Jan said:
Wow! where did you get it so quick? :p

Dunno seems there's a fellow, very close to my daily job who has bin's full of beautifull "junk"
This fellow now has 2 new type calipers with loose pistons and bleeders :) hehehe ( couldn't stand it to be still stuck, and now pushed the stuck one out as well ::) )

Tnx Bert Jan !

Painted the caliper :)

Foto-STTVR7V8-D.jpg

Foto-OJIYPLNK-D.jpg

It's freezing in the shed, but as tomorrow we will start to build a room at the attic, there was space enough to build a little spray booth box ::)

Re: CB750 K6 Dutch Barnfind ( OOPS in love with a tracker ? )

Hi Gents,

I think I have a "problem"....... I fell in Love ..... with a tracker ?!

Foto-XEVSMJSH-D.jpg

Makes me consider my thoughts about the CB750...........
- I already have a Cafe, do I really need 2 ?
- My regular bike ( Duc SS750 ) is also a sport bike...
- I have some lower back issues, it is wiser to ride with higher bars
- Still have the original seat, that could look very nice

But.....
- Wouldn't is be "just" like the factory CB ?
- Damn alreay mounted some ( racy ) Avon tires, would that look stupid ?

doubts doubts dooubts.....
Maybe I could "try" how it would look like with the original seat and handlebars ( paint 'm black ).

Foto-8OI8NVGT-D.jpg

Still with the same Alu rear and front fender idea....

If I don't like it, I could easily mount the Guiliari seat and clubman bars to go back to the original idea right ?

FUCK YES DO IT
FUCK YES DO IT
FUCK YES DO IT
FUCK YES DO IT
FUCK YES DO IT
FUCK YES DO IT
FUCK YES DO IT

edit ; whooaa that came out gayer than i thought haha

Inspiration ::)

But then off course not with these F wheels, but my nice Aluminum rims..... And I'm thinking about dropping the original gauges for something smaller

Attachments

• YS2B8606.jpg
    YS2B8606.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 407

nice !

I know it's a CX.... but this ( stock ? right ? ) seat looks superb on this bike.

Attachments

• Honda-CX500-by-Docs-Chops-1.jpg
    Honda-CX500-by-Docs-Chops-1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 988

Finnigan said:
THATS A STOCK SEAT?!
Not sure but it looks stock Honda at least..... maybe another type..... tank looks to be stock cb750 not CX.... right ?

Back
Top Bottom