MT250 Budget Build

Further down the rabbit hole. Took the headlight assembly off because it was rusty and bent AF. The picture of it on the bench it is sitting flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_3628.JPG
    IMG_3628.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3627.JPG
    IMG_3627.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 347
Front end stuff cleaned up, straightened up best I could, powdered! Time to start reassembly!

Attachments

• IMG_3638.JPG
    IMG_3638.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 314
You did all that in that little oven? That was probably 4 hours of work with that thing haha.

Tifun said:
You did all that in that little oven? That was probably 4 hours of work with that thing haha.

Yup, and with cleaning and blasting it was more like 6 hours.

Forks rebuilt, set the tubes in some metal rescue for 24 hours and cleaned them up. Still some pitting but nothing going through the seals. Fresh seals, fresh dust covers, fresh oil. Shitty thing that brought the party to a vault was I forgot to put a spacer below the new steering bearings on the lower triple. Tried to install it on the neck but it bottomed out. The bearing didn't survive being driven off so now I gotta get another. One more week down the drain

Attachments

• IMG_3656.JPG
    IMG_3656.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_3655.JPG
    IMG_3655.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 332
Unfortinuatly it is, for now I plan to leave it like that. I'll see if I decide to throw all that out the window later

I've got some 6v bulbs of you need some. Not sure if they're good.

advCo said:
If you need 6v stuff I have a 6v6aH SLA battery I bought for the XL and then converted it over to 12v.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Do you have any measurements of it?

Finally got feeling better, started getting the front end back together tonight. Still a lot to do but it's starting to look more like a bike again!

Attachments

• IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 354
Had the motor cases apart 4 times? There's still one more to go then ;)

Mr.E said:
Had the motor cases apart 4 times? There's still one more to go then ;)

Don't jinx me man, I haven't tried to start it yet. I am getting really close, hoping to try and start it this weekend.

I wish I could "like" the post above. Looking forward to finally seeing this thing move on it's own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting to look more like an old bike again,

Attachments

• IMG_3721.JPG
    IMG_3721.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • IMG_3720.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 326
Sonreir™ said:
Following along.

Hey electrical man, do you think you could spare me a couple of minutes to look at the wiring on this. I would love to convert this from 6v -> 12v, however the stator is running three seperate circuits.

1) Runs the points to the coils (ac)
2) Runs the headlight, includes a resistor to kill extra power (ac)
3) Runs through a rectifier into the battery and powers the tail and turns (dc).

Ive been trying to find someone that has completed the conversion but only come up empty. The best advice I got was to run 2 and 3 in a series, then possibly into a 6v -> 12v converter like you sell. Im not sure it would work because the #2 stator wrap seems to ground out vs going to something so that might now allow it to work. I dont know this stuff well enough. Do you have any idea of how you would do that or if that idea would even work?

Here is what someone else said about it. "From the diagram, it looks like you could unplug the white/yellow (headlight) and pink (rectifier AC in #2) stator wires and connect them together, then connect the other side of the white/yellow to the black-wire bus (DC positive) and ground the pink rectifier wire to the chassis (it's possible this wire would have to be run to the grounded end of the headlight coil, which would then be lifted from chassis ground). If the resulting voltage was very low, the yellow (rectifier AC in #1) and pink wires from the stator could be reversed."

Maybe with your setup, I would hook the W/Y to the P, hook the other end of the W/Y to black like they said for power the light. Then swap out the rectifier with your setup and run

Y (converter) to Y (stator)
R (converter) to to R/W (harness)
B (converter) to ??
B (converter) to ??
P (harness) to ??

Attachments

• OwnersManual74mt250.pdf
    369.3 KB · Views: 240
Back
Top Bottom