where to get clubmans???

garagedoreen

Been Around the Block
okay wait...... before everybody kills me...... Yeah, I like clubman bars. I know this sounds like rookie question. Anybody know where to get a good set of clubman bars? The only thing I see out there are ebay chinese made clubmans. I have a pair of them but they seem real light and cheap. probibly made of real thin, cheap tubes and the chrome looks real crappy too. Im looking for something that I dont have to worry about the welds breaking on a hard ride.

Any ideas??

Actually a very good question - there are lots of crappy clubmans out there. I'm not a fan of the ones with the pinched ends on the center section of tubing. Some are very nice with mitered ends. I had a set a while back that were factory made with wiring holes for Honda's and the welds were amazing. They were vintage units.

Tomaselli makes nice adjustable clubmans.

Would be worth it to call the guys at Clubman Racing - I got my Manx seat from them. Good guys and they'll have what you want.

http://www.clubmanracing.com/handlebarsandlevers.php

I got my clubmans from bikemaster from my local honda dealer. $20. The tubing is thick, the welds were pretty good and the chrome is good. My dealer uses Tucker Rocky as their aftermarket distributor. Hopefully that's enough keywords to help you in your search. You can see mine on the $50 mod thread.

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=6496.15

I like Bike Master, too. Most places that carry the Parts Unlimited catalogue also have the Tucker Rocky catalogue, also.
Or you can go really Old's Cool and turn superbike bars unside down.

I got a rather cheap set from ebay ($30 plus shipping) a little more than a year ago and they've held up very well. The chrome is still as nice as when I got it, and I live a half mile from the Gulf of Mexico. Shitty chrome doesn't last long here. They appear to be sturdy and have never given me any flex during hard riding. The sucky thing was I had to drill/cut my own wiring holes. Cheap doesn't always suck. So there's my 2 cents. ;D

Slow Friday at work - did some catalog digging:

Tucker Rocky has their BikeMaster brand clubmans for $24.95. Part number is 11-0540. BikeMaster stuff seems to be good quality house brand, the only line I've had quibbles with are their batteries.

Probably available at any major motorcycle shop that has an account, and a catalog on the parts counter.

Back
Top Bottom