1977 MZ ts150 project

got a few hours done on the bike today, doesn't look like much but re made the brackets that hold the tank on, rubber mounted front and back which makes me feel much safer. Also had to cut and re weld the frame under the seat to get a better fit. drilled and fitted the new top bushes for the rear shocks. Did a trial fit of the rear light and number plate, then modified the old rear pegs and tacked them onto a piece of inch flat bar to get an idea of location. Now I know where they go, I can look out for suitable rearsets or maybe have a go at making my own.

cheers Ryan, not much done this week, but thanks to the do the ton members I managed to fix a little issue that was bugging me. How to stop the kick start from fouling on the new foot peg position? (tacked on the old pinion pegs to work out rearset location) Anyway....

Old non folding kick start and a folding job off an RD

needed to modify the RD kicker as its meant to go on the right side of the engine, not the left.

This little monkey seems to destroy everything else she gets her hands on so thought I'd put her to good use.

well been a while since the bike got any attention, anyway after being advised the exhaust from a large cc four stroker wouldn't do a small cc two stroke any favours. so I managed to get one half of an rd250/350 system off ebay cheap. unfortunately its the left hand pipe and the mz exhaust port is on the right of the barrel so will need a bit of cutting and welding to get it sitting right, but would need a bit of work to fit the mz collar anyway

also picked up some rearsets off an old gsxr 750 I think, should work fine with a little bit of work.

I'm in! Theres so much info on the MZ250 racing but this seems to share very little in common.

Back
Top Bottom