1968n kawasaki w2tt restoration

joea

Coast to Coast
DTT BOTM WINNER
Picture057.jpg

partial restoration
1968 w2tt kawasaki
bsa a10 copy.

I REMEMBER BACK IN'71 WHEN IN I FIRST SEEN ONE OF THESE BIKES , I THOUGHT THEY WERE MORE STYLISH THAN THE BEEZER's , I'D TRADE MY '71 COMMANDO FOR ONE RIGHT NOW.

i believe you would have a hard time finding someone who has one of these to trade for a c/do as they are very rare machines.. c/do's are great bikes but there are tens of thousands of them in the world. they only made the tt high pipe models for two years and a total run of 600 of them were made.......

WOW, the TT version is a rare bird. Nice!!!

Many people don't know that the W1 series was Kawasaki's 1st bike (copy of the BSA A10).

They used to make just motors and their biggest customer was Meguro, when Kawi decided to get into motorcycles, they bought out Meguro and just rebadged the W1, plus a couple tweeks, but nothing major.

Uber cool!!! 8)

That is gorgeous. Non unit construction motor? If so, I'd love to see more just for the novelty of a primary driven external tranny on a "Japanese twin". Very cool.

yes it is a preunit machine....12v neg ground generater,4 speed- with neut up.mikuni carbs with ticklers and airvalves(choke) just like amals.....
i have a two a10's but i like the kaw better...remember the japanese had the advantage of copying while the british had to start from square one.
from what i heard kawasaki paid for the rights to build a copy of the bsa a10..
enjoy the forth...joe

joea said:
from what i heard kawasaki paid for the rights to build a copy of the bsa a10..

This will explain what your talking about...so it's sort of right:

In 1960 the Akashi-based Kawasaki Aircraft Company acquired an interest in the Meguro motorcycle company, which had obtained a license to produce a copy of the 500 cc BSA A7. Meguro had been Japan's largest motorcycle manufacturer but in the late 1950s its models had become less competitive and it was short of money. Kawasaki's investment enabled Meguro to launch its A7-10 copy as the K.

It isn't often something pops up I didn't know existed. Well..... More often lately... Regardless, beautiful bike.

just found another one for $100- will part it out to keep others going - too bad owner had let it sit in a barn apart for 10 years-it could have been another rider....ruined most all parts with corrosion!

Back
Top Bottom