Time flies

Hoofhearted

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I was in Best Buy yesterday for something unrelated but I wound up buying a scanner. They were on sale and I had been thinking about one anyway. I was poking through some old photo albums and came across this photo taken in 1974. 'Glass tank, home made seat, 350 Manx engine. I was on my way out to a race meeting. It was a time that you could ride out, race and ride home without the cops getting too fired up. The other photo was taken last year. Same bike but Weslake speedway engine, alloy tank, home made seat. It seems a long time ago ago but also just a moment ago.

Hoofhearted said:
came across this photo taken in 1974. ' It seems a long time ago ago but also just a moment ago.

Your picture is as old as I am. ;D Very cool bike.

Crash said:
Hoofhearted said:
came across this photo taken in 1974. ' It seems a long time ago ago but also just a moment ago.

Your picture is as old as I am. ;D Very cool bike.
That pic is older than me by 6 years !
Very cool scoot.... ;D

No. The bottom photo was taken at El Mirage dry lake in SoCal. The starter is Jim Jensen son-in-law of long time SCTA starter Bob Higbee. Jim also is the starter for Bonneville and I guessing that you saw the Bonneville logo on the back of his shirt. That was a hot day. 115 deg. F. and 122 out of the Norton.

Back
Top Bottom