cafe Guzzi

eurodave

KICKSTARTS RULE!
Heres a pic of my MV/Magni inspired cafe Guzzi I rebuilt a couple of years ago
It started life as a California & I converted it over using all my own fibreglass, including the Lemans replica tank,homebrew solo seat & sidecovers,Agostini replica full fairing , my own cast alloy rearsets ,I also added a pair of adjustable Laverda Jota bars & a set of Koni shox, PHF 36mm Dellortos & a pair of Dunstall pipes. I also resprayed it in MV colour style :)

eurodave said:
It started life as a California & I converted it over using all my own fibreglass, including the Lemans replica tank,homebrew solo seat & sidecovers,Agostini replica full fairing , my own cast alloy rearsets ,I also added a pair of adjustable Laverda Jota bars & a set of Koni shox, PHF 36mm Dellortos & a pair of Dunstall pipes. I also resprayed it in MV colour style :)

You did all the glass yourself? That's some nice work.
Great Bike!

Man that is one sweet ride :eek:.... You have done one beautiful job .... congrats !! ;D

W :eek: W.... :eek:

Welcome aboard.. any pics of the bike in progress as you were building it?

Cheers
N

eurodave said:

A California? Isn't that the bike David Soul rode in Magnum Force? Nice vintage lid, what is it?

A California? Isn't that the bike David Soul rode in Magnum Force? Nice vintage lid, what is it?
[/quote]

Dunno about the David Soul/cali thing but the lid was an FFM Challenger, made in New Zealand [just like me.. LOL !]

Magnum Force was the second of the Dirty Harry movies. David Soul (Starsky & Hutch) played a rogue cop. He rides his California off the deck of an aircraft carrier at the end. You should check it out.

eurodave said:

How did you do the form development? Clay?
Nice work. Very few people get into doing custom glass, fewer into their own casting! Sand cast aluminum? Lost wax?

c

How did you do the form development? Clay?
Nice work. Very few people get into doing custom glass, fewer into their own casting! Sand cast aluminum? Lost wax?
c[/quote]

This bike has my figlass copies of commercial parts but I have done & still do custom work,I use cut up,shaped & glued polyurathane foam sheets for my one off plugs & yes my have my rearset kits & a number of other bits sandcast in ally

Back
Top Bottom