1981 CM400T wire

sporty_juan

Honda's and Harley's
I am wiring my 1981 CM400T, The first try didn't produce any spark so I am redoing it all. I have a yellow and red wire coming off of the starter solenoid. Where does that need to go? I followed the schematic and it shows it going into the engine switch under MG??? I have wired an m-unit and micro switches along with an aftermarket key. any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are 3 wires on the starter relay or solenoid. red (fat wire, to battery) red yellow (is that what you meant by yellow? goes to starter button) and red/green (to rectifier) I would recommend buying a good used wiring harness and start from there. No buzzkill like murky electric probs when you just wanna ride.

left out the smaller red wire that goes from solenoid to the fuse box and eventually the V regulator. I'm talking the stock set up, before adding an after market digital relay control. assumed you had docs from the manu for that.

That is exactly the wire I was talking about. I am wiring up an M-unit so everything is different and very much a pain in the butt. I'm trying to do try number two right and making sure all my little wires have a home. Thank you for the quick reply .

Yellow/red wire from the solenoid goes to the START output of the M-Unit. Green/red wire on the solenoid should now be grounded.

Figured out the yellow/red wire, I wired the green/red into the silicone rectifier that connects to the neutral wire teal/red I believe.

All my loose wires have homes and to the best of my knowledge are in the right spot however I still have no freaking spark. So tomorrow I will make a diagram showing how I have it wired and post it up. hopefully I made a simple error.

Back
Top Bottom