Cb360 ReJetting, Straight" pipes and Pod Filters

IanOberholtzer

green behind the ears
hello again, a few more questions about my project

looking to rejet my stock cb 360carbs and throw some pod filters on them to accompany my straight exhaust, now i have the 2-1 from a cj360t on the motor sans muffler ( welding on a angle cut tip and wrapping the pipes )

stock jets are 100 and 30, and i was looking to upgrade them to 135 and 38

does anyone have supplementary information aside from what i have been able to find in threads on here as to what would be the ideal setup for this bike?

thanks a ton guys! ( ha ha, no pun intended ::) )

Theres no real hard line on tuning the carbs for that set up. Buy a bunch of jets and start playing around.

135 is way too big, may not even run over 4,000rpm.
Put a silencer on it or you will look a real dick, 150mph noise on a 40mph bike ::)
Loud pipes just lead to more legislation, it ain't going to save your ass

Well it's not quite permanent. Only until I can afford a quality 2-1 w shorty dunstal style end on it. Just easiest sollution right now.

So 130 38?

I'm running a 115 main and 68 primary. Runs like shit when warm. It coughs and what not. I'm going to try raising the needles a small amount. But goes like a raped ape when I get on the throttle.

dirtbag said:
I'm running a 115 main and 68 primary. Runs like shit when warm. It coughs and what not. I'm going to try raising the needles a small amount. But goes like a raped ape when I get on the throttle.

i cant decide if that last bit is desireable or not

115 will be plenty, even with open pipe.
use stock primary main jet and pilot jet.
It will run rich mid-range (4~8,000rpm)

Working on a cb350 myself, running pods and a 2-1 exhaust and trying to dial in my carbs also. Went up to 115 on the main but still having issues with sputtering and surging...I might have to buy a couple different jets and start playing till I figure out the setup.

jmal18 said:
Working on a cb350 myself, running pods and a 2-1 exhaust and trying to dial in my carbs also. Went up to 115 on the main but still having issues with sputtering and surging...I might have to buy a couple different jets and start playing till I figure out the setup.

Exact same issues i'm having. I'm going to raise the needles a bit and if that doesn't work i'm going to change the primary to a 70 from 68. Let me know if you have success.

It was running ok before I redid the carbs and the air filters, I was only topping out around 45-50 though. Now I can barely get her to start or idle. I think one of the carbs is getting way too much gas and the other is getting little if any. Put my finger inside the right carb and it is dry. The other carb seems fine.

Do you have fuel filters attached? I had one that was upside down and gave the same result. Yes i'm dumb.

You also have to consider the elevation at your location. The higher you are the leaner you tend to be.

dirtbag said:

how are you gonna raise the needles? i did that yesterday and used small metal washers. seems to work ok, much better than before.

Ian Oberholtzer said:
ok, so lets get this clear

and i should beable to get a nice tune out of that correct?

you might have to raise the needles too. I'm running 115 mains too, and one size up slow jets. I tried 120's yesterday and the bike only ran at very part throttle (way too rich), so i stepped back down and it runs a lot better.
I'm running a really large K&N pod on each carb, took off the mufflers and put a little 4" race baffle in each head pipe.

I'll raise the needles first then if that isn't enough i'll drill out my primary to a 71.

What diameter and thickness washer did you use?

i saw on another thread someone was gonna use some from a pack of assorted washers from radio shack, so thats exactly what i did. item number 64-3022, cost me $2, no specs other than that the package contains #2, #4, #6, #8 and #10 washers.
carbs stay on the bike, just take them off the manifolds and you can get to the screws on top.

Back
Top Bottom