Tach housing gasket leaking.

Cbone

Hey guys finally got my bike running after a complete rebuild and there appears to be an oil like from behind the tach housing. Can anyone tell me if I can remove that housing to replace the gasket without causing any issues?

You will have to rotate the cam so the valves are closed on that cylinder. You may need to back the adjusters of so you have no tension on that side of the head. Maybe the cam chain tensioner too.
Should not cause any issues when its out.

Thanks for all your help guys I was able to get this off and back on without too much trouble. Turned out that the person I had rebuild the motor put the gasket on backwards.

Now I have one last question. Based of the pictures I took before I started I can tell the rocker arm pins are not in the same position as they were when I started do these need to be adjusted to a spec? If so can anyone explain how to adjust them.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

The rocker arm shafts are used to adjust valve clearance. You must check that the clearance is in spec.
These steps can be found in the service manual.

Thanks for your help guys!! Got everything sorted out. Hopefully I will have my build complete in a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom