CB360 guys... electrical differences year to year... help!

timdhawk

Been Around the Block
I have a 1973 titled and VIN tagged CB360. Since every resource I see starts them off in 74, I'm assuming have a very early 74...having said that I've seen a couple different wiring schematics that are for "all 360's". Particularly, some are shown to have a "clutch switch" and most are not. When I look on ebay for cb360 controls, they all have the clutch switch wires on the left control regardless of the year its identified as. They factory schematic (black and white) and the Clymers do not show a clutch switch but the one below does. What gives? Did some come with one and other not, was it model dependent?

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=70290.0;attach=173080;image

Personally, I've never seen a 360 with clutch switch and 'logic circuit'
I think it was used in middle east or somewhere when their police used them
Left switch is common on a lot of Honda's, aftermarket will make one type - it fits but has a hole for switch
It was already in use on the bigger bikes for some countries
The only real differences I've come across are connector bullets on opposite ends of wires on late/early models and a couple of jumpers on late models (no on -off switch on bars)

What is it you're trying to accomplish and/or change?

The differences between the years are very minor and not usually worth taking into account.

If we knew what your goals were, maybe we could help with that?

Back
Top Bottom