What rear hub for disc brakes?

1fasgsxr

Over 1,000 Posts
I have been looking and can't find one I like. I want to run rear disc and switch to spokes on my KZ 1000. Any ideas? I want to run a smaller one but don't want to run a dirt bike style. Just not having any luck with Google searches.

Good suggestion. Or almost any GS series Suzuki. If you want wire spokes, then choose an early one. They are not light though.

Thanks guys I will have a look at those. Will a dirt bike hub look silly on the back of a Kz? the plan is to use an older gsxr swing arm I have laying around. How much horsepower can one handle? I know a kz is not a powerful beast. I would like to go as small and light as possible.

I have a DR350se hub on my chopper. The catch with a dirt bike hub is that most are non-cush because dirt has give. You need a cush drive on a street bike. The DR350se is a cush hub. You’ll want a dual sport hub if you go that route- DR650, XL600r, etc.

77150-211018190956-4588489.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

definitely get one with a kush. otherwise there is a good chance you will strip your output shaft.

if your going to go old japanese why not just get a hub from a kz1000A? otherwise there are lots of modern options, bonneville, thruxton, ducati sport classic, ducati scrambler... etc

I plan on running a bearing support so that should give me some safety on busting a shaft I would think.

1fasgsxr said:
I plan on running a bearing support so that should give me some safety on busting a shaft I would think.
its not about breaking the shaft, What happens is the forces normally absorbed by the kush end up running through the chain to the output sprocket and the output sprocket can strip the splines off the output shaft. I have seen it first hand on my buddies honda

Back
Top Bottom