The Workshop & Deck

Re: Workshop, all walls framed

how badly do i now regret not buying a free standing home and being able to build a man cave like this.

this is going to be the beez-neez when shes done.

Fox said:
Only one window in the whole place? That's a bit...dark.

Talk to me more about audio cables. What kind of set up are you going to have?

Haha, Yeah only 1 window however, that 1 window catches the light all day, plus I expect that most of my time in here will be at night so I will install a vast but efficient lighting system ;D ;D ;D ;D

With the audio system I will be installing 4 epson speakers, they will have a direct audio feed for Ipod and the like, a feed from the computer, and another from the HD TV. I'm installing a AV rack under 1 of the benches to house the computer tower and dvd unit. Should work quite well :D

I'm using the K,I,S,S theory :D :D

deepwaterimports said:
how badly do i now regret not buying a free standing home and being able to build a man cave like this.

this is going to be the beez-neez when shes done.

Sorry to hear that :( , It was 1 of my must haves when we were looking at houses if it didn't have a garage I could use It would have to have the room to build 1 ;D and here we are......

andycafe said:
...theory.

Very cool. When you get there please post pictures and brand names for your components. I'm building out my garage next year and I want to have a streamlines stereo system much like the one you described.

Well the weather wasn't any good this weekend to ruff cables, however there was still plenty to do. I managed to win a couple of items on evilbay for the shop, 8 twin fluro lights with cages for half of my lighting system only $120 and a 3 ton truck load of insulation for $60 (I shit you not a 3 ton truck load :eek: ) I also went out to a roofing reseller to look if they had what I needed, looks like we will order the roofing this week ;D so if everything works out We could have the roof on by next weekend :)

Envy!!!!

Crazy

item.JPG

Re: Workshop, all cables in! & 1 wall insulated + covered

Ok so I ruffed in all cables for the lights, power points and the audio/visual system plus I put in a 250psi air hose ;D good day heres some pic's

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 326

and a couple more ;) And the last 2 are for you fox just a few AV cables ;D

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 329

Then I got excited and put the insulatoin in and covered the back wall, not bad for a days work (even if I do say) :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 328

Damn dude. I might just build it into my garage budget to fly you out and have you do my cabling for me.

Wow, I can't wait to see this done. Very inspirational.

How come there is no roof yet? Doesn't that come before finishing up the walls?

I am aware I could be asking a really dumb question, but I saw the rain clouds in your picture and got worried ;D

Walls being finished in wood? Isn't that a lot more expensive than drywall? Another possible dumb question ;D

Fox said:
Damn dude. I might just build it into my garage budget to fly you out and have you do my cabling for me.

haha that would be sweet :D

Swapmeet Louie said:
Thats gonna be a sweet spot fore-sure!

thanks man, i,m looking forward to getting in there :)

gray said:
Wow, I can't wait to see this done. Very inspirational.

cheers i'm glad your enjoying, thanks for the support ;D

jonnyTHUNDERmaker said:
How come there is no roof yet? Doesn't that come before finishing up the walls?

I am aware I could be asking a really dumb question, but I saw the rain clouds in your picture and got worried ;D

Walls being finished in wood? Isn't that a lot more expensive than drywall? Another possible dumb question ;D

Haha yes the roof would normally go on before the internal walls are lined, However with how ive decided to do my roof I needed to build the walls completely before I can install the purlins, this also partley answers your question about lining the walls with plywood (12mm) the other part of the answer for using ply on the walls is because its 12mm thick wood and strong, very hard to put a hole in (accidentally ) you can put a screw in where ever you like and it also helps with the insulation blaa blaa blaa

with all that, if i finish lining all the walls this weekend, my roofing gets delivered next week so it could go on that weekend ;D ;D

love a bit of work dont I lololololol

Right on...Turning out great. Thats what I figured about the walls. Good call

index.php

You got me thinking stain and varnish that one wall instead of paint. Anytime I do a wood-working project, I just can't bring myself to paint it... nothing says Man Cave like lots of deep stained wood!

Ok so I have completed all the walls (sorry no pic's yet) and Todat all the roofing materials arrived ;D ;D unfortunately I have to work this weekend so I may only get the perlins up :( but you know ill keep you posted............

Back
Top Bottom