Philly and surrounding area BANTER THREAD!

Bobdot

Coast to Coast
Due to the rise of local participation and BFF statuses as of late, figure I'd start this thread so we can be the weird, ridiculous, and often drunk group of awesome without hijacking any threads.

I'll start it off I suppose:

Groovy - get back in the closet, I'll even donate an Air Conditioner to the cause. BACK YOU BEAST!!!

VonYinzer - be our neighbor, like now.

Zero_zero - I might cry if I dont see that Norton in my driveway soon, you dont want to see me in that state do you??

Go! - get better teeth. That, or don't DWM (Drinking While Moshing), you might spill your drink (or chip a tooth in your case)

Everyone else, lets BBQ and have a drink soon.

Over and out,

bob.

ha ha ha... Im workin on it man. Good call on the thread. The chit chat was getting out of hand... :D

hahaha i was gonna make one of these!

what, you don't want me to be your neighbor too?!

the jaw is hurting, and one tooth is cracked. after your apple story, i'm scared to eat anything crunchy munchy.

Go, I need to aclimate to your cooking... this may take some time.

This may be a good place to repost about the PA rides and events Google Calendar. To anyone interested in following 2 wheeled events and cycle rides, PM me your email address and I'll add you to the DTT google calendar. You can view, add, and edit any upcomming events. Let me know!

bob.

most of my cooking isn't like that. i have my drunk recipes and my not so drunk recipes.. you can tell the difference pretty easily ;)

next time i'll make something a bit lighter!

Bobdot said:
Zero_zero - I might cry if I dont see that Norton in my driveway soon, you dont want to see me in that state do you??

You'll be seeing it very soon (I hope...damn sticky clutch). I'd like to get it up and running for the FDR thing...

Any of you Philly peeps Dr. Dog fans? The band from Philly. Just picked up a T-shirt from their concert in Dallas with a vintage racer on it. It's pretty sweet, me thinks. Combines 2 things I dearly love!

2642.jpg

I know it was a riveting post.

...just thought there might be some Dr Dog fans in the Philly thread.

Neat shirt. Toby from Dr dog is a customer of where I work. I will ask him about the shirt and its origins.

They actually opened for Dr Dog but I can't say I was very impressed. Wasn't terrible or anything. Haven't heard any recordings though.

yeah, they open for them a lot so i thought you might know of them. my brother went to a dr dog/deer tick show a few weeks ago and was really disappointed.. deer tick used to be a one-man band, and was pretty good. apparently not so good with the full band.

Deer Tick - "Dirty Dishes" Live at SSLB Fest

Can't get that to play grrrrrr. Someone must be hogging the bandwidth in the office today.

Did he enjoy DD? They blew me away.

What I'm really excited for is my cross-country excursion to see a few of my favorite band Pavement's reunion shows. Next month I'll be on my way to San Francisco. They broke up 11 years ago and are playing a handful of reunion shows with US dates scattered about. Haven't been on a vacation in 10 years and have never "followed" a band around or went so far to see one. Will be a great time.

Music is my #1 passion, bikes come 2nd ;D

I remember seeing Pavement a million years ago at a music festival in Pittsburgh. I was young, maybe 14 or so. They were great. Been listining ever since.

Lucky!!

I never got to see them. I'm only 27 and they were slightly before my time, splitting up in 99 - I was only 16 then. Finally getting a chance after being an -- what my soon-to-be-wife says -- obsessive fan for about 8 years now.

Ya, when I was growing up I was lucky to have some older friends that were musicians. Got to see some great stuff when I was a youngbuck...

KMFDM
MyLifeWithTheThrillKillKult
Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie
Sonic Youth
Pantera
Major Accident
The Misfits w/ Michael Graves
Pavement
Sebadoah
The Vandals
Rancid a few times
2Skinnee Js