as promised my cx500 bobber finished

barnbuilt

Here is the finished cx500 bobber that i finished. Input and comments are appreciated.I will have the build process on my website in a couple of days.
Thanks

Wow, that thing is clean! Great work man. I must say, I was expecting something else when I saw CX500 bobber... Monoshock looks sick! As well as that exhaust... I'll just stop rambling now, but I could easily continue... Like I said, great work!!

thanks guys. The bike is up for sale on ebay, and for pics just go to my photo bucket and browse thru photos,there should be 15 of them or so-also on the ebay page is a youtube walk around as well.

Very nice, everything ties well and it looks very proportioned. Only gripe is, I'd like to see a rear fender. Your bike your rules!

Looks great. Not usually into bobbers but I love your frame mod and the mono shock. The colour scheme is awesome too. Is that a stock tach or something else (no temp gauge?).

I own an 80 CX500 Custom but haven't done anything to it yet. Looking forward to the build process!

coyote13 said:
Very nice, everything ties well and it looks very proportioned. Only gripe is, I'd like to see a rear fender. Your bike your rules!

but there is a rear fender-look closer to the swing arm

lcdm said:
Looks great. Not usually into bobbers but I love your frame mod and the mono shock. The colour scheme is awesome too. Is that a stock tach or something else (no temp gauge?).

I own an 80 CX500 Custom but haven't done anything to it yet. Looking forward to the build process!

that is the stock tach, and i added a temp gauge to the oil dipstick instead. These bikes hardly get over heated anyhow

Slightly larger one would be better but the little fender is better than none at all. Nice work, love the pipe choice. Colour is nice too with the stripes/.

Maritime said:
Slightly larger one would be better but the little fender is better than none at all. Nice work, love the pipe choice. Colour is nice too with the stripes/.

well if someone is ready to ride a bike like this in full rain-than they should out of think of buying a fully customized bike like this. These kind of bikes are mostly done no to be ruined in the rain-if you have money for a bike like this, than I'm sure you can find money for another one to beat up. I do. i have a zx6r for this kind of stuff. And the small fender is very proportioned and in case it does get stuck in rain or on the way back, than the back is protected a bit. Otherwise a big one will take away from the looks of it

Maritime said:

well if someone is ready to ride a bike like this in full rain-than they should out of think of buying a fully customized bike like this. These kind of bikes are mostly done no to be ruined in the rain-if you have money for a bike like this, than I'm sure you can find money for another one to beat up. I do. i have a zx6r for this kind of stuff. And the small fender is very proportioned and in case it does get stuck in rain or on the way back, than the back is protected a bit. Otherwise a big one will take away from the looks of it

Some models have the temp guage in the tach, some in a seperate pod. I have one in the tach on mine but have yet to get it working, I need to get on it with the multi meter, however I put an electric fan on and it comes one and off so I know the bike isn't overheating.

[/quote]

barnbuilt said:

True, I sadly can only have one sickle at the moment so I have full fenders, I would however like to have a more custom for nice weather and my regular bike for all-weather riding. Hell I hope to someday have a bike for every day of the week LOL.

Dammit! How about a little warning first! Gonna take me an hour and a pack of qtips to clean the man juice out of the keyboard!

Gorgeous I love it!

barnbuilt said:
that is the stock tach, and i added a temp gauge to the oil dipstick instead. These bikes hardly get over heated anyhow

It's true that they hardly overheat - and the stock temp gauges are known to fail (busted 7v regulator). The dipstick gauge is for oil temp though - not the coolant. Not really sure which would overheat more quickly... A radiator failure would probably cause the oil to overheat pretty fast.

Maritime said:
Some models have the temp guage in the tach, some in a seperate pod. I have one in the tach on mine but have yet to get it working, I need to get on it with the multi meter, however I put an electric fan on and it comes one and off so I know the bike isn't overheating.

I'm so tempted to put an electric fan on mine. You might already know but temp gauge failure is usually caused by a busted 7v regulator (DIY fix here! Simple fix & totally works).

Back
Top Bottom