as promised my cx500 bobber finished

Sonreir said:
Everyone is a potential customer though, right?

I know it might not seem like it, but the folks here are just trying to help.

If there were quality issues with any of the products I sell, I'd want to know about it.

everyone is a potential customer! i happen to like the stylings of the bike, its kinda creamy and what not, but there are significant problems with it. lets just say one of us decide to buy it, and then something fallas apart, or the wheel smacks the exhaust, breaks the clamps, and maybe chunks the studs right out of the head...what then? will barnbuilder just say "too fuckin bad, you did that, thats your fault" or would you hold yourself accountable and offer to either fix it double quick or refund all of the purchase price? thats the issue, its about integrity above all else
integrity in your product, and yourself as one human being dealing with another human being

kinda like...if you were to buy a car off of craigslist, and 2 miles down the road all the wheels fell off because someone forgot to tighten the lugnuts...who is at fault? if the customer asked you to check the lugnuts, but you were too foolhardy to do so youd be in a world of hurt when those wheels come flying off at highway speeds and the car you built crashes into some family with their kids and kills someone
JESUS is right

How was the front end tested?
All I keep reading is ghost it is cold out and the bike has never been ridden.

What does it matter if the bike is a dumb looking hunk of shit that doesnt work. its his to sell at what ever price he sees fit

people have been paying to much for "built" hondas for years why stop now. let the market decide if a getto guzzi with white walls is worth 10 grand. i think we all know it will be another bike that doesnt hit its reserve

It's probably shill bidding anyway, I just watched a guy shill a cb550 to 12 grand... Not sure what the motivation is, just self gratification??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have wondered about shill bidding from time to time

but cant figure out how you would get it past e bay as you would have to pay the fee?

and i cant figure why someone would do it as they would still have the object?

They do it to see if someone will go a little higher, and if not, they do a second chance offer to the highest real bidder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly has the potential to sell. It's a good looking bike with quite a bit of work put in. It hits all the right tick marks for people looking for a custom bike IMHO. I'm betting the wheel/header clearance hasn't been properly tested but who knows.

I love this build. What mounts did you use to be able to run that clubman bar? I have an '85 GPz with clip ons and I want to convert to a clubman.

sivilized said:
I love this build. What mounts did you use to be able to run that clubman bar? I have an '85 GPz with clip ons and I want to convert to a clubman.

That's a stock CX front end. Lowered forks, but otherwise stock.

hi barnbuilt

your bike is amazing, i love you work on it.
from which bike come from the rear shock?

nicolas

Back
Top Bottom