CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

ridesolo- I polish various bits for supposed performance not cosmetics, read somewhere ? years ago it helps reflect engine heat?
Trek,, Only the CV carbs although having wrong return spring can stop a slide carb opening all the way. That is incredibly rare, usually wrong cable without enough travel stops slide dropping and over-length cable is way too obvious although I have seen both done by some 'wonderful' mechanics (wonder how they never killed anyone - maybe they did?) Even though I've worked on hundreds (maybe thousands?) of the later CB/CM 3 valve carbs I can't remember how they prevent over-travel so you'll have to post pics either in the video help or start another carb thread(or just dump them in here if it's easier)

\Not motorcycle related really but may interset someone?
About 30 min ago went out to get trash cans and recycle bins from curb, it's 'DAMN HOT' about 86~89 deg F in the shade. Checked mailbox while outside. Didn't wear shoes (I don't 'do' flip flops) and feet are BURNING. Anyway, decided to check ground temp with my HF non contact IR thermometer. Normal tarmac, 154f deg, real surprising thing, (at least to me) the reflective strips at cross walk, 134 deg :eek: I know why lawn dies off every summer, it's about same temp as the tarmac, depending on length of grass. Lowest temp on lawn was 129f

crazypj said:
\Not motorcycle related really but may interset someone?
About 30 min ago went out to get trash cans and recycle bins from curb, it's 'DAMN HOT' about 86~89 deg F in the shade. Checked mailbox while outside. Didn't wear shoes (I don't 'do' flip flops) and feet are BURNING. Anyway, decided to check ground temp with my HF non contact IR thermometer. Normal tarmac, 154f deg, real surprising thing, (at least to me) the reflective strips at cross walk, 134 deg :eek: I know why lawn dies off every summer, it's about same temp as the tarmac, depending on length of grass. Lowest temp on lawn was 129f
Yep. This is why people are assholes that try to walk their dogs, especially on the street, when the weather is like this. They often burn the fuck out of the pads on their dogs feet and have no clue.

No wonder so many dogs are pissed off all the time inFlorida (and other places that get a lot of sun) Hadn't ever thought aboutit until you said. When I used to walk step-granddaughter's dog always tried to stay on grass or go out in evenings/night. Was really surprised at grass temps, was expecting a LOT lower. HF thermometer get a bit freaked out as well when I didn't shade it, showed 1400 deg f. At least I knew that was wrong. ??? . Not so sure of temp where a truck had dropped some oil, , it was darker and showed 214f. :eek:
I think I may have actually burned my feet, they are sore. I believe that only happens over 160f? Talking about feet, the sprout wa being naughty last nigh pulling on curtains and stuff. Managed to pull picture off wall which landed on his toe. (luckiliy it was one of the 3-D without glass)
After 7+ hrs at hospital, nothing broken but bad bruise and some split skit. He slept through almost all of it after it went numb but by 5:00am I was brain dead (no change there then :mad: )

Got an issue. 3 sets CB360 carbs, Jaxon has been 'very helpful' and moved carb bodies around in boxes . One set weas very dirty, missing throttle shaft plugs. One set broken idle adjuster cable, one set pretty good I know they belong to Lee, Isaac and Eric but only been in touch with Gandalf.. Jaxon thought it was hilarious when he found out apple juice washes ink off paper. I thought so too, until I realised it was return address for carbs ::) ) Couldn't get angry with him though he's way too happy and funny.. (and wicked ;D ) If I've got your carbs, send me a message at crazypj10@yahoo.com That way I don't have to search the 10,000 unread I seem to have accumulated in last few weeks

Well, been a while. I finally got all the 360 carbs sorted and shipped back to the correct owners. Latest 'project ' a 'brand new ' Briggs and Stratton 125cc lawnmower engine I was given it a few months ago. As soon as I heard it run I knew big end bolts were loose. It hadn't been used and was out of wararnty. Nothing to lose at it was free. Stripped it Sunday, as expected big end bolts loose, one tight enough to prevent rod flying apart but 'top ' one about 1/8" backed out. Obviously never torqued properly on assembly (or there was something preventing correct tightening?) Reason I'm telling 'everyone ' I couldn't believe what other stuff was inside it A forged piston ( way more expensive than cast)and then PLASTIC gears and cam pressed or moulded onto a steel shaft ??? ?? (how cheap can you get?) Some pictures, I need to re-do piston pic as it wasn't focused
Mower really is almost brand new, kinda ' I'll take it back some time ' and just forgot or maybe got too busy so started using a lawn service? Whatever it isn't ra real expensive one. I also have RGHG mower here,( CB350 cafe) it too is almost new but was stored under cover outdoors for about 2 yrs as he was working 7 days a week. Still has price sticker on it though. Picture of rod and crank as I didn't have camera handy when stripping,plus, I wanted to check threads would hold.
Cam timing is incrediby simple, arrow on black gear (at 6pm mark) lines up with mark on 'white ' gear (around 11pm)

Attachments

• DSCN7605.JPG
    DSCN7605.JPG
    880.6 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCN7606.JPG
    DSCN7606.JPG
    985.7 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN7607.JPG
    DSCN7607.JPG
    988.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCN7609.JPG
    DSCN7609.JPG
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 269
Well that's a first.
Plastic cam. Who knew?
material science showing how far we've come I suppose.

My first full time job out of MET school after the Navy was machining pistons for Homelite. Most of those pistons went into weed whackers. That was a real blast, let me tell you.

Wow, I knew I haven't logged in for a while but didn't realise my last visit was in August. Jaxon has gotten bigger and louder and seems to need way less sleep than me.I manage OK on 5~6 hrs but he has 2~3 hr nap and is good to go for at least 8hrs. He's been doing 16hr days last 2 months, I'm exhausted. Today was the longest he's slept in one go, 7hrs total .He likes 'furry face', reminds him of Santa. I'll probably keep it until Bike Week is done ;) Anyone with a 4yr old will know what I'm talking about although I've heard girls may be a bit better? It's making anything other than watch him very difficult as he's never more than 20 ft away plus very 'helpful' running off with 'his' tools, etc. He did help clear a 'track' around the house though so he could ride his 'fast buggy' Got a video if I can get memory card to work

Attachments

• Me, Jan 15th 2020.jpeg
    Me, Jan 15th 2020.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 270
I would question the "girls are easier" theory. My 7-year-old has been pretty smooth raising, but my 5-year-old is a terror. LOL. Guess who's turning out to be like dad?

Got to love when you "see yourself" in the kids and then think "oh shit" LOL
Yep, but he's stepdaughters kid. Guess I'm giving him some real bad 'habits' :cool:
RAZOR 'dune buggy' (age 8+). Supposed to do 10mph max but it does around 14~15 mph with fresh charge (24v)
Probably wsn't a smart move to give it to a 3 yr old but now he's 4 he's a lot better at not running into me then taking off up the street. He wanted to wear 'Spiderman' wellies and decided what to wear. This is from few days ago when weather was in 70's unlike the 31 last night and low 50's all day. We are real lucky as we own 3 lots inside city limits and are on a dead end street so he has a track around the house

Attachments

• Seatbelt bukled.jpeg
    Seatbelt bukled.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
I bought my kids a couple of Razor ground force karts second-hand a few years ago, then upgraded to 36V (with proper controller) and a high wattage motor. Geared one for spinning the tires and one for speed. They had a blast, but went through tires and brakes faster than I could keep them ordered... and then they broke an axle and it was all over. but still, I recommend 36V!

Hope everyone is safe with the Covid-19 virus going around?
I'm still alive but grandson is killing me :eek:.
He's been waking up around 4:00 am comes to me to tell me he's hungry, thirsty, not sleepy, want's to watch Bluey, Floogals, Paw Patrol or something .
Had all sorts of problems with internet last few weeks, stopped working a couple of times and for some reason my router isn't broadcasting although there is an unsecured open network connection that wireless found (I'm using it right now) I checked desktop hard wire connection to router and everything is 'fine' and even worked properly for about a week. I think Spectrum added something on their router although it was easy to get into and check setting (password is printed on the bottom)
Nothing happening with bikes at present, Jaxon is making sure even working on parts is real difficult. He's gotten too big and too fast

Glad you're good and I know about the kids growing. our youngest now climbs stairs and if gates aren't closed religiously we have scares LOL.

LOL, I thought it was tough when he was 2 (terrible two's) but that was easy compared to now.

Glad you're good and I know about the kids growing. our youngest now climbs stairs and if gates aren't closed religiously we have scares LOL.

No worries mate:

Terrible Twos
Thumpin' Threes
Frantic Fours
Flighty Fives
Silly Sixes
Swingin' Sevens
Weighty Eights
Naughty Nines
Tremulous Tens
Evil Elevens
Twirling Twelves
Thunderous Thirteens
And then it goes downhill...

Just been going through some older messages.
Sorry to anyone I didn't reply to after August last year, replies are showing 0 but not sure if that's because of new site or I just didn't see them?
Anyway, Jaxon is a little better at listening last few weeks. Still doesn't want me to do anything unless he can help but is better than he was. Tonight I finally got a set of 360 carbs fully finished. He was only 'helping' about 20 seconds before picking up a magnetic screwdriver and losing small parts on the floor. Luckily, an old speaker magnet dragged around general area retrieved the parts (small washers and spring from synch adjuster, carb top screws) I had kinda forgotten just how quick he is.
It's all good,

Back
Top Bottom