Various engine parts and stuff

crazypj

Split personality, I fake being smart
Just wanted to be the first person to post in new section.
When did this one arrive?
;D

Re: Nothing

Come on PJ, since you're the first, you're now obligated by law to post some of that vast engine knowledge :) :)

May take some pics of a Yamaha XS650 'long rod' crank I'm 'playing' with ;D
I have pictures of re-phased crank but it doesn't look like I uploaded them to Photobucket (I think they are on a different site but don't remember where)
Single points conversion I did for XS650
XSsinglepoints.jpg

Oil filter housing I made for XS800 conversion
Oilfilter2.jpg

CM400A oil cooler fitted to XS 800
OilCooler2.jpg

XS650 block bored and honed for 800cc conversion, next step, heat it up and fit liners
DSCN3277.jpg

DOHC XS400 block being bored to fit Suzuki GS500 liners and pistons
XS400Blockboring1.jpg

XS400DOHC crancase being bored so spigots will fit
XS400caseboring.jpg

CB360 with 2mm oversize pistons
CB360-5.jpg

stock and 2mm oversize, light pistons
CB360-GS8501.jpg

CX500 turbo, may end up on low compression XS'700'
Turbothecoolerend.jpg

V-Max port, 'quick job that got too involved
RockerTomintakeport1.jpg

PJ, you have a boring bar and mill? Are you available to do bore & Hone and big bore jobs and say valve jobs? I know you have some health issues and I would hate to exacerbate that. I'd rather send my machining to you than some of the other places around here and there seems to be a steady trickle of demand for that and CB360 carbs.

hell yes. If aflac isnt paying the bills, I'll send you some machine work. I dont have anything at the moment, but stuff always pops up. If you interested, let us know.

teazer said:
PJ, you have a boring bar and mill? Are you available to do bore & Hone and big bore jobs and say valve jobs? I know you have some health issues and I would hate to exacerbate that. I'd rather send my machining to you than some of the other places around here and there seems to be a steady trickle of demand for that and CB360 carbs.

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to boring bar, that was done in work,( before starting work, going in a couple of hours early)
I have limited equipment for doing valve jobs, can't do real small or real big, CB360~XS650 size range, I only bought the parts I needed as it's a hobby.
Working in garage isn't too bad as long as I don't have to stand too long. I have a smallish mill.
If you let me know what you need I'll tell you if I can do it

PJ- Talk to me about that single point conversion...
Are the lobes on the cam doubles to actuate the points for each cylinder?
Or are you running the other point somewhere else?
Is it just for cool factor or does it make it easier\better to tune?
Sorry for all the questions I just saw that sucker and it interested me.

shocwav3 said:
PJ- Talk to me about that single point conversion...
Are the lobes on the cam doubles to actuate the points for each cylinder?
Or are you running the other point somewhere else?
Is it just for cool factor or does it make it easier\better to tune?
Sorry for all the questions I just saw that sucker and it interested me.

It's a dual lobe points cam .
NOS Honda advancer mechanism underneath points.
I made it about 3 weeks before Mikes XS listed one :(
I won't be making another one, too much work when you can get a replacement cam from Mikes XS for less than $20.00
I was originally going to be 'clever' and run single lobe points on each end of cam with clear covers ;D

crazypj said:
It's a dual lobe points cam .
NOS Honda advancer mechanism underneath points.
I made it about 3 weeks before Mikes XS listed one :(
I won't be making another one, too much work when you can get a replacement cam from Mikes XS for less than $20.00
I was originally going to be 'clever' and run single lobe points on each end of cam with clear covers ;D

Clear points covers would be the HEAT!

I still have a couple of NOS advancer mechanisms if you want to machine your own points 'plate'
The listed at $83.00 from Honda, last time I checked (about 4 yrs ago)
$40.00 to you ;)
They are stamped CB93
Assembly2.jpg

PJ, you got it! My advance mech was sticking pretty bad on me anyway ( I clipped a spring to return some tension, but i figure that is a temp fix anyway).
Shoot me a PM with your paypal, I wont get to it until Sunday night probably as I am away until then. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom