cl360 take 2

beachbumberry

well, i posted up here a while back about a 360 i was going to buy and cafe it. didnt end up buying it cause the guy wanted too much. well, yesterday me and him were talking and he was wanting to sell it again. he wanted 700 for it (which i told him long ago he'd never get for it cause it wasnt in too good of shape) i have (had) a 76 nova that i am trying to sell but i dont want to deal with the hassel so we ended up trading (he is selling the nova now and i got my bike). really comes in handy for me because i got orders to england and i'd like to have a bike. plans are (right now) to set it up alot like troybilt set his up, with my own paint. it has brand new tires, but i need pointers if possible on the ignition. i havnt played too much with a points style ignition, so any help would be sweet. its getting fuel to the cylinder that isnt firing and it has compression, just no spark so i figure it needs adjustment.

dang, hard board. anyways, does anybody by chance know the inner diameter of the tubeing that makes up the swingarm on a cl360?

Honored that you think enough of my bike to set one up like it. Very cool! You might give Rawfish or Cthor a pm. they both have done swingarm work recently. Sorry i can't seem to recall the inner diameter. Are you planning to do the work yourself or do you have someone who can do it for you? I'm sure I don't need to tell you but modifying the SA can be dangerous if not done properly. If I can be of any help let me know.

Have you seen these threads?
Rawfish: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=11835.0

Cthor: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=12154.0

Sorry but I'm not going to be much help here but sounds like all you need is timing and spark. Check for spark at the points. With the key on cross the points over with a screw driver. If you get a weak/no spark it is probably the coil(s). Do you have a shop manual? You can check voltage at the coils/points. Like i said, I'm probably not much help

i thanks for the reply! like i said before, i wanted to do it cafe style then i saw yours and was knocked over by it ya know. i plan on doing it myself. i'm a trained welder and i used to build race trucks at a shop i worked at before enlisting, so i'm pretty confident in it. i'm planning on welding some tubing inside the swing arm at the cut to give a little overhang and keep it true. the only issue with that is the overhang will be small because the swingarm tube is curved, but i'll get as much of it as i can.

i checked for spark before and i get a pretty strong spark from the left cylinder but none from the right. i'll pull it apart this weekend and tinker

Back
Top Bottom