72 xs650.

the film is designed for automotive headlight and taillights. i has an adhesive on one side and applies like window tint with water and a heat gun.

since my buddie has my engine covers at his shop for polishing on his big wheel, i decided to polish the tappet covers on my little hf wheel. i let my buddie do the side covers since he has different wheels for his polisher as well as more room to work. my little polisher is just sitting on a bench. before and after.
photo2-119.jpg

all polished.
photo3-96.jpg

while i was at it, i found a later square cover to get rid of the decompression set up since im not running an electric start.
photo4-55.jpg

also got the freeze plug hammered into the electric starter opening as well as the gears out.
photo1-113.jpg

got the side covers back on. what a fuckin pain it was trying to get the kick start shaft back in its place.
photo1-114.jpg

photo2-120.jpg

also got the coil mounted in its new home.
photo3-97.jpg

and where im at now.
photo4-56.jpg

hugh shipped out my PMA set up as well as a set of his 3" lowering spacers, so ill be able to make it a roller when those arrive.

finished the wiring for the headlight and tail light tonight. im trying to get as much done as i can while waiting on parts. ran the wires through the back bone and through the left lower frame rail. i didnt want wires just zip tied under the frame or visible, always thought that was tacky. the headlight is on an on/off toggle on the neck gusset that turns on the headlight and tail light. the brake light is on a separate circuit/fuse so it will operate as it should during the day when i dont have my headlight on.
photo1-115.jpg

photo2-121.jpg

photo3-98.jpg

photo4-57.jpg

shes a roller again. rebuilt the forks, and completed all the wiring for the tail light and brake light switch. also got the rear brake pedal and linkage dialed in and complete.
photo2-123.jpg

photo3-100.jpg

photo1-117.jpg

photo2-122.jpg

photo3-99.jpg

photo1-116.jpg

Fantastic build thread - going to be studying it very closely when I get to adding all the bits to mine.

Wow Andrew! The XS is looking rad! I was a big fan of your 550 as well. Can't wait to see it buttoned up and on the road!

thanks for all the kind words fellas. i hate to say it, but this bike is going to be left alone for a bit as im trying to get my cb550's engine issues sorted and back on the road to eventually sell it to fund completion of this bike. as the xs sits, i need some $$ to get a set of vm's for her as well as figure out final paint and have my buddy spray the tins, and finish the pipes so i can send them as well as the bars off to chrome. so hopefully the 550 sells and i can use some of that money to finish this ol gal.

Back
Top Bottom