Another Amen project

lil beast

Manic Fanatic
DTT SUPPORTER
So i found a CB450 Amen frame on Kijiji and decided i was in desprate need of project. A friend of mine asked if i wanted a CB450 for $50 and figured this was a great starting point. Gathered up some old Hallcraft Satellite wheels i bought at a swap a few years ago and here it is all coming together

8e5d374b098ae27ce81ee0217ddc161d.jpg

^This is when i brought it home.

0f041a970c0c71463d90bbda42e70c7f.jpg

I couldnt decide on a front end and wheels but ended up with the Hallcrafts and Springer.

I had a tank kickin around Tim lent me and it actually looks pretty good. No idea what its from though lol.

Hey Paul,
Great start for a project - perfect '70's chop. Love the sissy bar - you'll have to find or build one of those skyscraper seats to go with it!
Will be watching this build.
Pat.
PS post a photo of the tank.
PPS how do you register and insure such a beastie in Ontario?

The Amen might already have been registered in Ontario - quick UVIP check online with the stamped serial number might provide info, if Paul doesn't have the ownership already.

Our MTO will register bikes like this - for my Voodoo frame, I need to do up an affidavit indicating what major components I used in the build, where they came from etc.

The frame ideally would have a MSO/MCO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin / Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) - I think they're more or less the same thing. I have one for my Voodoo which is a nice looking certificate with my frame's VIN on it indicating the year it was made.

With that, the MTO will issue an ownership for the bike. Then you need to need to get the safety cert for it, and then you're good to go. JR Duffy has already told me insurance is no problem - same basic rates based on cc's.

MTO? Pfff. Too complicated. The bike came with an ownership and the frame is stamped with the VIN..thats all i needed lol.

9a98a42f806cfd8854ac3034eba04569.jpg

Making a 750 hub fit centered in a 450 designed frame took a little turning of the cush drive on the lathe and a smaller spacer made up, lucky i have a couple spare in case i mess up. An offset sprocket is on order as well.

Personally the first tank doesn't work with the springer
But the second totally fits the bill!

Okay let me explain. Being south away from the shop for an extended duration I begin to have way too much time on my hands. This of course leads to too much forum chat and sorry Paul you aren't immune, hahahahaha. So here goes, the CB450 motor has a few drawbacks when it comes to customization. The biggest is the clutch pull mechanism, it limits chain size and front sprocket sizing and offset. In your earlier comments you mentioned rear rim modifications and offset sprockets, I quickly drew up an open clutch-pull cover that would allow for offsetting the pull lever to give a wide variety of offset and chain sizes as well as lend it's self to the popular drilled out look of todays customs.

Rough drawing ahead, but I think you'll get the concept or idea

dutra-Model.jpg

Just a thought... is it happy hour yet???

Thanks Jim, an exterior mounted cantelever style clutch pull? Genius I like it :)

I have something already figured out...i like to make sure things work before posting them lol.

You will probably be back by the time i figure it out lol

Lettin the cat outta the bag here. Turned down the drive sprocket cover to convert the mechanical clutch cam to a hydraulically actuated clutch. Found a clutch slave cylinder and I'm gonna make it fit. I have yet to make the extention for the clutch rod but will this week.
839171cb8fe7002ab58d6b97667e1c76.jpg

d6f920b4965ad216a00714ad9893740d.jpg

This looks like a fun project to follow.

...and I'm not even a chopper guy!

Back
Top Bottom