First Build CB360

Holland

First bike build. Ive been on fourwheelers and dirtbikes since I was 4. Owned a few streetbikes over the years. Im a fulltime fleet mechanic and decided that I wanted something I could chop up and have fun with, so here it goes!

The day she came home
IMG_0045_zps0366c262.jpg

Quick strip down
IMG_0046_zps47f82961.jpg

Detabbed and shortend
IMG_0019_zps9228f046.jpg

New battery / electrical box (yes its a walmart agm)
IMG_0021_zpsa261aae8.jpg

IMG_0029_zpsae3376ce.jpg

Where she sits now. I have also shortened the factory exhaust and added the pod filters.
IMG_0039_zps1ad0695d.jpg

I also rebuilt both carbs. Diaphragm was bad in one so I replaced both with the JBM industries replacements. I highly recommend them. For 20bucks a piece you cant go wrong!

Picture doesn't do it justice! 3.50 -18 front and 4.00-18 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418690624.149196.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418690624.149196.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 526
Holland said:
I also rebuilt both carbs. Diaphragm was bad in one so I replaced both with the JBM industries replacements. I highly recommend them. For 20bucks a piece you cant go wrong!

yes you can ;) My bike dont like jbm diaphragms, reinstalled a pair old hondas and it ran great. so, put in new hondas. continues to run super. my carbs are pretty heavily modified though.

Its a nice looking machine, seems to be in pretty good shape. How did it run when you started this?

can you still fit the front fender w that fat tire on there?

and how much rear tire clearance you got to the pan when you sit on it? OR hit r.r. tracks doing 60mph?

Bike started and idled after a little work when I got it. Didn't idle very good though. Now with the carb kits and diaphragms it fires first kick every time, idles nice and runs good with the jbms.

I will not be running a front fender with this setup so I didn't even look to see if it fit.

There's not as much clearance as I'd like to see on the rear but I have a certain look in mind. It won't quite touch but it's close. (Springs compressed, not just me sitting on it) I will change things up if it's a problem.

Tires are a kenda k270

You're going to want something on the front fender; a brace at the least. The front forks on the 360s aren't super stuff and definitely need all the help they can get.

nice start - but before you weld on the rear hoop i would consider a different angle. I threw on a 4.0 on the back too and have a similar hoop - the clearance is awful and WILL bottom out on bumps .. just something i regret doing, sometimes functionality beats aesthetics unfortunately ::)

Was sitting here looking at the bike tonight and for some reason I realized I never posted an update! Here she is, for the most part, it’s done

0e7da111e5d3faa860002813eb985eec.jpg

f1d7b8d13fd9ec183d37650383279069.jpg

Back
Top Bottom