The Beginning Of "The Fish Bike"

Thanx Fox, for some reason People see it in my yard and think they can buy it for $300....I laugh and tell em to add a zero...........SO THE "Not So FISH Bike" Is running kind of....Still won't ReV Past 5,000 RPM....I'm positive it's the Timing Advancer....Only Problem is the 3 Phillips heads to get the cover out of the way are seized and stripped... any idea's I put a pic of it Twice because it's that Fucked

Attachments

• how do i get this off.jpg
    how do i get this off.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 262
  • bigkz.jpg
    bigkz.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 263
  • how do i get this off.jpg
    how do i get this off.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 276
spray that shit with with penetrating oil, wd40 or whetever - then leave for a few hours to let it soak in.

Then you can try an impact screwdriver, or a regular screwdriver with a hammer and a very firm grip, pushing into the screwhead hard, turning slowly while hammering

If not - you can try heating them up to see of they break free. Or try Loctite "Freeze and Release" in conjunction with heat.

If you bust em off, it will be a pain so try not to - because then you willhave to use an easy-out.

The allen-head bolt? strpped phillips head bolt at the top? i would be tac-welding a bolt head or something onto that to get some leverage.

Looks like you can still use an impact driver on the bottom two but that top one... Uuggghhh.
Might try cutting a slot in it with a dremal and then using a flathead bit in your impact driver.
Looks like you have already been soaking it down with penetrant but once again, WD-40 is not a rust penetrant. Use PB Blaster or Kroil, even a 50/50 mix of ATF and Kerosene is better.

Thanks Guys!!! Beers On ME!!!! Damn this bike is Faster than I Expected!!! I ended up using a Dremel to make a spot for a Flat Head on all 3 , Used a 12v Drill and they all came off better than expected....The timing Advancer took some serious elbow grease and WD-40 to get moving free then worked almost flawlessly until something fucked the timing up again today when I was gonna let my brother try it....maybe he shouldn't try it.... **so the fish has taken a back seat to actual riding for a couple months**....I have some frame changing I must do to make it look right...

Attachments

• scootfish.jpg
    scootfish.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,217
Great that you got the screwsout with minimal fuss.

Maybe you should let the smoke haze clear and move-on from the fish idea. ride the bike for what it is without any gimmicks....harsh i know. Tough love!@

As much as I don't like the idea of riding a fish around, it's just too different for me not to like. The puns make this thing too!

Invest in a dremel tool brother. You can turn those philips into flat heads and they'll turn right out. Plus, a dremel tool is a freakin brilliant tool to have in so many situations!

Stay funky sir!

I still dream of a fast fish...I just have to wrap up the DT (motor is in pieces through out my work shop) and i'd like to get this SR done and out of the way too before I weld up new frame rails for the Fish Tail...I'm also on the look out For a front Fairing (the kind that goes around the headlight and not much lower than the bottom of the tank)....This Bike has been a great daily driver in the mean time....Trying to stay on task and not let too many more projects follow me home but they have been anyway Managed to get a kreidler moped and a China scoot (all 5 of these things i didn't buy but i traded for on CL well i did have to put up $200 for the DT but bartered tools for the difference)

Hey, will definatly be an interesting bike when you finish it! Good work with the fins! I really love your brat to! ;D

well yes and no I got a job so i'll finally have the money to do the things i wanted to...But I got a job so time is an issue now...But my plan now is to finish this SR 250 which is closing in on being done....Once thats ready for the road the KZ will be going back under the knife

So this bike Has gone from a non running seized brake nothing....to a daily driving what we see here(only now it has new tires, chain & sprockets few other Knick Knacks 2)....So way Back I sort of Leveled The bottom of the tank to give it that "cafe" look but now to get the seat to match up I'm going to need to Weld Bars high enough for my tunneled tail piece so it all lines up flush on the bottom you get me? Should I use one of those Cafe Loop deals?...Build my own from something?...I don't Know here....I could be stumped or i could be lazy....Either way i traded a snowblower for this thing and i'm still pumped about it YA!!!

Attachments

• bigkz.jpg_thumb.png
    bigkz.jpg_thumb.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 501
Cafe Tail Added finally still not 100% happy with it But it's what I threw together without having to weld up new frame rails(to get the flat look i want) ....still messing with the seat pan, sooo tired of looking at this head light too ugh

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2(20).jpg
    imagejpeg_2(20).jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 269
DesmoBro said:
Cafe Tail Added finally still not 100% happy with it But it's what I threw together without having to weld up new frame rails(to get the flat look i want) ....still messing with the seat pan, sooo tired of looking at this head light too ugh

Let me know when you want to unload that headlight, I'll give you few bucks for it.

Back
Top Bottom