Cb450 Mikuni fuel lines

jammer415

Been Around the Block
Finally decided to bite the bullet and throw some Mikuni VM32’s on my 72 CB450.

Do the Mikuni carbs require bigger fuel lines?

Stock is 5.5mm, but is there any advantage to putting 6mm lines on with the Mikuni carbs? More fuel flowing to them?

You'd have to be draining your float bowls faster than they fill to be an issue. I doubt it will make any difference. My CB750 chopper has a little XL250 tank with the stock petcock and two Mikunis, which is pretty small compared to stock. No issues whatsoever.

Ah ok, good call. Perhaps I’ll just stick to the stock fuel line size at 5.5mm.

How is the dual carb set up running on your 750?

Do they make dual Mikuni kits like that for CB550 as well?

redrover said:
Ah ok, good call. Perhaps I’ll just stick to the stock fuel line size at 5.5mm.

How is the dual carb set up running on your 750?

Do they make dual Mikuni kits like that for CB550 as well?
I absolutely love the dual carbs on the 750. I'm building a 550, but putting a 650 engine in it, and I'll do a dual carb setup for that bike too. I get the kits from Murrays Carbs. He definitely does one for the 550.

Which size carbs are you running for your dual setup?

Also, which size would be ideal for a dual set up on a 550?

Do you get better throttle response? More power with a dual setup?

(Sounds cool because obviously way easier to sync).

34mm Mikunis for both the 650 and the 750. Not sure if he does a 34 kit for the 550 or a 32. As I understand it, the 550 head doesn't breath for shit, so it might need the smaller carb setup. And yeah, probably an 80. I have one 80 650 engine in my shop now, and I have 4 more to pickup. I don't know years yet on the others.

He does indeed do kits for the CB550 (I reached out and he responded), they are barely becoming available and not on the website yet, although I’m not sure which size carbs yet.

FYI Murray’s dual carb kit for the CB550 will use VM34’s. He is working on a few other bikes, so the 550 will be available on the website in good time.

Back
Top Bottom