What's the best advice you have heard...

Simpliest one everyone has heard.

"Righty Tighty.....Lefty Loosey"

There's guys at work that are not mechanically inclined, and when I tell them this, it's all smiles and a light bulb just lit. It's like I just told my then 4 yr. old and then have to look for all kinds of shit that they just loosened.

Pod70 said:
If you need force to make something fit, you're doing it wrong
Well i guess ill throw away my press and hammers, impact wrench, pullers,shrinker/strecher& race drivers.

There are two kinda people in the world. Those that can use tools to build shit and those that pay dcc.

Re: Re: What's the best advice you have heard...

bradj said:
Well i guess ill throw away my press and hammers, impact wrench, pullers,shrinker/strecher& race drivers.

There are two kinda people in the world. Those that can use tools to build shit and those that pay dcc.

You have my address right?

bradj said:

There exists a third kind: The kind that do not have access to badass tools they know how to use.

( my father early in my "career" in learning to wrench on things) Remember tight is tight and to tight is loose!

My Dad once told me "Make all the mistakes you want but try to make them just once." My advice to people? Its amazing what you can do when you don't know you can't do it.

Hoofhearted said:
Its amazing what you can do when you don't know you can't do it.

To this effect I read somewhere, " Flying is as easy as jumping and aiming to land on the ground but missing.

Hoosier Daddy said:
"Don't sweat the petty things... or pet the sweaty things"

Am I an asshole if I point out that you are actually supposed to pet the sweaty things? The way I've heard it (for decades) is without the "or", and the second part is a command.

carnivorous chicken said:
Am I an asshole if I point out that you are actually supposed to pet the sweaty things? The way I've heard it (for decades) is without the "or", and the second part is a command.
Nope doesn't make you an A-hole at all... I got mine from a Beer coozy.... but like yours better! ;D

Killman77 said:
Iamblamb's been Hitchhiking the Galaxy again! ;D

Is that what that's from? Also After Earth has a sequence towards the end that made me want to stick my thumb up in the middle of the theatre. Its either an reference to HGTTG or a blatant ripoff of it.

It's from the books. Aurthur Dent first successfully flies after leaving the floating party and escaping the nasty beasty that he keeps killing. Pretty funny stuff, a shame that Douglas Adams didn't write more before he passed.

Back
Top Bottom