2nd Annual Maryland Spring Ride.....

Great ride today!

Very nice turnout. I think we had 16 bikes.

Weather started out cold and windy, but ended up pretty nice.

Vince's route was great as always. Some rough spots on the roads due to yesterday's weather, but not too bad.

Hats off to the folks at the Hidden Bean for saving us parking right in front of their restaurant. It really made life easy for us.

Thanks again Vince!

Many thanks to you Al and everyone else for making this a great day! I definitely appreciate it, and who knows where we'll go next year!

A few shots from the ride.....

2011Ride1.jpg

2011Ride2.jpg

2011Ride3.jpg

2011Ride4.jpg

2011Ride5.jpg

2011Ride6.jpg

Special thanks to Kevin and Pat at The Hidden Bean in Port Deposit -- you guys are the best!!!
2011Ride7.jpg

Confused? I'm not -- I put the event out there for those who want to attend, and whoever wants to come can come. I personally don't care who it is -- I'm very 'all inclusive' that way, and whether it's a full-dress Harley or a scooter, they're all welcome.

And a diminutive SuperHawk led them all!

No, no plans yet. I'll likely be considering and planning it in March, and we'll probably ride sometime in late April-early May. There are other events in May (like the British bike show, and the vintage event at Bob's BMW), so I'll try to avoid scheduling it for those weekends. Thinking of doing something out towards Frederick and Washington counties this time around. However, any suggestions would be welcomed!

I might be available on the weekend after Thanksgiving, so that might be possible. Hopefully it won't be too cold!

I devised a cool circle route over the weekend, and while it does cover some elements of what we did earlier this year, it's really interesting and quite 'technical'.

Basically, you leave Martha and Mary's in Reisterstown like we did before, and head over to Butler Road past Glyndon, but instead of turning left on Dover, we bear right earlier at Worthington. That takes you over to Greenspring, then over to Falls Rd, over the Pretty Boy Dam, then over to the Monkton area/Gunpowder, then past I-83, and you eventually loop back to the west side of I-83, and back over to the Pretty Boy area, then Beckleysville Rd, over to Rt. 30, down Main St. in Hampstead, left onto Dover Rd, then right onto Butler, and back to Martha and Mary's. That's probably a 70-80 mile ride, and it employs no less than 3 single lane bridges, a few switchbacks, etc, so you really need to be paying attention on this route.

If the weather is good on the weekend after Thanksgiving, I'd be willing to lead that route. As well, if you wanted to do that one on your own, I can post the route here.

Vince Lupo said:
I might be available on the weekend after Thanksgiving, so that might be possible. Hopefully it won't be too cold!

I can probably make Saturday. Sunday, I'd like to go to this:
http://www.turkeypronational.com/

Back
Top Bottom