'81 CB750k Tracker - Build #3

Awesome build. Nice fabrication, got to start learning to weld, haha. I thought you might be interested in what I ended up doing with my CV carbs on my 86 CB 700SC. If you read down the build it is about half way down. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64680.msg739717#msg739717
Kudos for doing something different, so many people over at the nighthawk forums are negative about builds and especially the removal of the airbox, so I know what you are talking about with the other forums you are on.

WaltNpt said:
Awesome build. Nice fabrication, got to start learning to weld, haha. I thought you might be interested in what I ended up doing with my CV carbs on my 86 CB 700SC. If you read down the build it is about half way down. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=64680.msg739717#msg739717
Kudos for doing something different, so many people over at the nighthawk forums are negative about builds and especially the removal of the airbox, so I know what you are talking about with the other forums you are on.

Good idea, and nice build!

Do you have any more pictures of the seat? Specifically the underside, pan and what you did around the tank mount?
Love the bike, great fab work on the air box.

Thanks
Mike

mslate said:
Do you have any more pictures of the seat? Specifically the underside, pan and what you did around the tank mount?
Love the bike, great fab work on the air box.

Thanks
Mike

Thanks Mike.

Sorry I don't really think I do. The seat pan was aluminum with nutserts for attachment. The upholsterer covered the underside with a nice black fabric so there wasn't much to see. The tank mount was basically stock except for a simple spacer and longer bolt to ease the back of the tank a 1/4".

Are you looking for specific things in those areas? Let me know if there is something I can help you with.

Where in the world did you get those brass spoke nipples? I've been looking some for the wheels I'm building for my cb750, but im not coming up with much.

7aliveatlast7 said:
Where in the world did you get those brass spoke nipples? I've been looking some for the wheels I'm building for my cb750, but im not coming up with much.
lots of stock oem nipples are brass

ncologerojr said:
Thanks Mike.

Sorry I don't really think I do. The seat pan was aluminum with nutserts for attachment. The upholsterer covered the underside with a nice black fabric so there wasn't much to see. The tank mount was basically stock except for a simple spacer and longer bolt to ease the back of the tank a 1/4".

Are you looking for specific things in those areas? Let me know if there is something I can help you with.

I was looking for the detail of the seat pan in the area around the tank bolt and mount. I could see in one of the pictures you had a little "tunnel" there, was just curious as to the rest of that detail.

7aliveatlast7 said:
xb33bsa said:
lots of stock oem nipples are brass

Yep, those are NOS Honda spokes and nipples. If your having trouble tracking some down check out Buchanan's Spoke & Rim, they will make you anything.

mslate said:
I was looking for the detail of the seat pan in the area around the tank bolt and mount. I could see in one of the pictures you had a little "tunnel" there, was just curious as to the rest of that detail.

That's about all there is to it. Just a tunnel to clear the tank bolt. I did it that way so the tank would overlap the seat for a cleaner fit, I didn't want a gap.

ncologerojr said:
That's about all there is to it. Just a tunnel to clear the tank bolt. I did it that way so the tank would overlap the seat for a cleaner fit, I didn't want a gap.

Yeah that's what I really like about your seat, how well it and the tank seem to go together. Great job.

Back
Top Bottom