"La Pastinaca" CB450 498cc Big Bore Engine Built By DWMS Racing!

Re: "La Pastinaca" CB450 498cc Big Bore Engine! Before and after photos!

Here are the before and after photos of this engine build!

000_0002.jpg

100_5214.jpg

000_0004.jpg

100_5196.jpg

000_0005.jpg

100_5207.jpg

000_0001.jpg

100_5199.jpg

100_5205.jpg

100_5187.jpg

100_5189.jpg

Great work, joey. That's something to be proud of; not just the artistic value, but also bringing another vintage motor back to life, on the road, and breathing fire!

Wow, excellent transformation!

From the ashes a powerful beautiful, fire breathing phoenix rose.
Thanks Joe!

Thank you all for your kind comments, as always they mean more to me than you know and make me very proud to be a member here amongst so many talented and supportive Brothers!

Habanero52 said:
From the ashes a powerful beautiful, fire breathing phoenix rose.
Thanks Joe!

You are very welcome Brother however I am the one who owes you thanks for so many things, it truly is an honor and priviledge to have worked with you on this project!

I can't wait to see the motorcycle that wraps around this beautiful motor.

This is a wonderful build, joined after reading this thread. 8)

Question where can i find a new roller for the cam chain tensioner? I have a cb450k5, Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and welcome to dotheton Brother! I just sent you a message about the cam chain tensioner.

i just recently picked up this 1967 cb450k0 and also just acquired a cl175 tank for it from salvage, Im not too big into posting and taking pics of builds but if you guys recognize, I may shoot some photos up every now and then. I dont know what I want to do for a seat yet. so DWMS rules by the way..

Attachments

• 5Y65O65R13k13m73l0bao9f92853a26721663.jpg
    5Y65O65R13k13m73l0bao9f92853a26721663.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,791

DC74inc said:
i just recently picked up this 1967 cb450k0 and also just acquired a cl175 tank for it from salvage, Im not too big into posting and taking pics of builds but if you guys recognize, I may shoot some photos up every now and then. I dont know what I want to do for a seat yet. so DWMS rules by the way..

Thank you for the DWMS rules comment Brother, your support really means a lot to me and is greatly appreciated! Your 450 looks cool man, I would love to see more photos of it!

Beautiful build! Where did you get the manifolds to run Mikunis? I think the hole to hole spacing on the intake manifolds for the CB450 was an odd size (64-65mm)..

Hey boss! Did the Mikunis/Velocity stacks fit under the side covers on the bike? My carburetors are dead...I will be converting to VM32's by the end of the week.

Isn't there a build thread for this bike? I thought there was, need to see how it's coming.....

nobrakese28: I do not know since the engine is not yet on the bike, nor do I plan to use side covers. I speculate that these velocity stacks will interfere with the covers based on their size.

Swagger: Unfortunately as of this moment, there is no thread. I plan to start one soon. I have had to put the project on hold due to priorities that have taken over. The bike is totally stripped down to the frame and that is what we will start the thread with. I promise you that I will have the thread stared by next week.

Thank you all for showing interest in this project of mine. I hope that i can live to all of your expectations. This is the first of many builds that I have planned.

Take care and stay tunned.

Life has a way of derailing our best laid plans...hang in chief. It'll happen.....

Re: "La Pastinaca" CB450 498cc Engine Built By DWMS Racing!

Brothers I could never Thank You all enough for your compliments and support, they truly mean more to me than you will ever know! I really enjoyed sharing this engine build with you all and it is very nice to hear that you all enjoyed it as well! Brother Habanero has started a new build thread for the complete motorcycle build here on dotheton as well so please visit this link to see the rest of the build! http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36476.msg398872#msg398872

Back
Top Bottom