My CB450 Bratish build.....

ADS

Hi

Been ages since I was here but kids and business take all my garage time at the minute (and for the foreseable!!)!!

I got this little 450 which had been stood for some time...

kgrhqzhjc4e8y0nyzbptfmq.jpg

This is as I found it. Managed to get it fired up but it got hot on one side.....
snv33453.jpg

Few bits off it to get a feel for where I'm going with it.

Inspiration is the Holliday customs CB450 'Rusty' and many other fat cafes and Brats.

Haven't really got to far as yet but the wheels are done. Front disc has been changed for a CL drum, new rims (18 up font instead of 19), new spokes and bearings. Hubs and brake plates vapour blasted, Hub Satin black and brake plates polished awaiting a bit of scotchbrite.

img01411h.jpg

img01111h.jpg

Forks yolks etc next and we're well on our way.

Gonna get the wheels in and figure out the length of Shox to get the right look

Not much to go at but hope you like.

Cheers

Adam

Did you paint the wheels yourself as a whole with spokes and rim assembled or all individually?

Qawls said:
Did you paint the wheels yourself as a whole with spokes and rim assembled or all individually?

Wheels were built, checked and then powder coated. Once coated checked again. :)

Thanks for the other comments, this my first 'bike' build. Its a slow one but its happening! ;D

Ok so it's not going too quickly but I'm enjoying doing it in between everything else! ;)

Wheels are in and getting a feel of the stance I want to end up with.

Used the axle off the disc set up for the front CL drum. Seems I need to manufacturer some spacers to make it work - that's my next job.

Just realised I can't copy links for the pics on iPad......

Ok laptop out and here are a couple of pics......

n96w.jpg

m9o6.jpg

Headlight and speedo etc standard just for now.....Renthal bars on at mo and give a perfect feel, can't help want to see what some clip ons look like though.

PS I have a loop for the back but to be honest I might try doing something different to the normal brat loop......not sure what yet but I have a couple of ideas. 8)

Em Dot said:
looking good! I like the rise of those bars. you mind sharing what size it is?

Cheers.

They are 758 bars http://www.renthalroad.com/File/product_78handlebars.aspx

Well all going nice and slow here!! ;D

Yolks are all built and refurbed.

Satin Black with a few chrome nuts and bolts! New bearing etc etc.

Will have them on this weekend with the shortened forks to see how she looks. Hopefully get some pics on over the next few days.

I know it's not a lot but you know what they say - you can't rush perfection LOL!!

Forks shortened and now I'm happy with the length they can go off for hard chroming. They have been scotch brite'd and look nice.
They will have new Gaiters fit and I may try converting the old headlight brackets to something a bit different......

Pics below show the mocked up front end. I'm happy with thelook of it now, next step the hacksaw! 8)

obzt.jpg

o006.jpg

ize7.jpg

Ok so is been a while.....frame loop slipped on but not welded as yet. Forks completely rebuilt.

3ymese8a.jpg

asaguqyj.jpg

Been playing with the back end today - oooer!

First go with some old gasket paper, and I'm really happy with it. After playing around with the set up I know roughly what length shocks I need which I'm onto as soon as I stop tapping.

edugyre3.jpg

Options are long brat seat or something like above.......I'm going as above I think.

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok so it seems I started this page in 2013!

Left for a while for reasons we won't go into but thought I might post up a picture of the finished bike.

Hope you like.

Forgotten how to add pictures aaah jeez!

Attachments

• IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    803.1 KB · Views: 239
Ok picture worked so here's a couple more....

Kids have got a bit older and I think this year I'll be digging the shed out and going again ;D

What to do next........

Attachments

• IMG_3751.JPG
    IMG_3751.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_3741.JPG
    IMG_3741.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG_3739.JPG
    IMG_3739.JPG
    943 KB · Views: 237
Back