Re: Yamaha xs400 (Tracker/dual sport) VIDEO!

Re: Re: Yamaha xs400 (Tracker/dual sport) PAINT PICURES!

A cool well built bike, is just that, a cool well built bike. We would be happy to vote on it for BOTM. We have had chops, bobs, street trackers as BOTM this month is an Art bike, why not a kick ass home made adventure tourer that I hope you ride the crap out of and ride to some GTG's that I may see it in person and buy you a beer.

Re: Re: Yamaha xs400 (Tracker/dual sport) PAINT PICURES!

Maritime said:
A cool well built bike, is just that, a cool well built bike. We would be happy to vote on it for BOTM. We have had chops, bobs, street trackers as BOTM this month is an Art bike, why not a kick ass home made adventure tourer that I hope you ride the crap out of and ride to some GTG's that I may see it in person and buy you a beer.

Yup, that's it! The majority still seem to favour a CB or Cafe but even my 450 was nominated for it and that ain't nothin' on this build! Definitely BOTM material :D

Re: Yamaha xs400 (Tracker/dual sport) PAINT PICURES!

Nice!

any progress on your front fender dilemma?

Not yet. I'm tryin to find a modern trials bike fender but I am having trouble locating.

Thanks guys! My dash got here today. I got the Speedo,tach,engine temp & 12v all hooked up and working. I still need to wire....neutral, high beam, oil pressure, and turn signal indicators. It is too late for pictures, I will update more this weekend. She started right up again today. That's always a good sign.

It's hard to believe this isn't a factory bike. Superb workmanship!

Thanks Alex!

I have done some work on the bike since my last post. All wiring is finished and the front and rear brakes are done. I got registration and insurgence and a new plate on it. If I have time tonight I plan on taking it on a shakedown run. I will need to get it inspected soon too. Still missing a front fender.

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
Thanks Alex!

I have done some work on the bike since my last post. All wiring is finished and the front and rear brakes are done. I got registration and insurgence and a new plate on it. If I have time tonight I plan on taking it on a shakedown run. I will need to get it inspected soon too. Still missing a front fender.

Awesome! Can't wait to see video... and you gotta sort that front guard out before BOTM July!

Sorry its been so long since i updated my build. I still need to get it running right but at least it is running. I took it for a little ride tonight and it didnt run half bad. It sounds amazing when your going through the gears. The brakes and suspension felt good. I was quite pleased. It was dark out so I didn't go very far. In the daylight once I know its going to stay running I will take it on a little bit longer ride and try to take a ride video. Here are a few pics and a video of my progress. Ps, it sounds much better in person :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfiaIipywcE&list=UUlEKC42cNW5o6vk4Miy0MSw&index=1&feature=plcp

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

Awesome! ;D great to hear it running

front fender maybe? www.prixhistoric.com.au

Dude that's awesome! So glad to see her almost done... get that front guard sorted and she's gonna be a blast!

As for carb tuning, I'm trying to hunt down an AFR setup so I can get my 450 tuned at the moment... they're not cheap but it could be a fun little exercise...

I put 50miles on her today! Rode the back roads to the bike shop and.........(drum role)....... Passed Inspection! We are good to go.

DSC_0383.jpg
DSC_0385-1.jpg
DSC_0386-1.jpg
DSC_0388.jpg
DSC_0391.jpg
DSC_0393.jpg
DSC_0394.jpg
DSC_0400.jpg
DSC_0401.jpg
DSC_0402.jpg
DSC_0403.jpg
DSC_0404.jpg
DSC_0407.jpg
DSC_0409.jpg
DSC_0411.jpg
DSC_0412.jpg
DSC_0413.jpg

great build and great thread as well. i just read the whole thing. you, sir, have some skills and foresight. what did the inspector say when he saw it? well done BOTM for sure

Thanks! It was kinda funny, he took my paper work then he went out back to inspect it and he couldn't find it. It was right in front of him, but he kept looking at the registration card and mumbling xs400, xs400. Then he figured it out and said, "what the hell is it?" He liked it and said everything checked out. I kicked it when I started it for him and he said, the only bad thing about it was that you have to kick it. He just started laughing when I hit the starter button. I think he really liked it.

dcmspikes said:
great build and great thread as well. i just read the whole thing. you, sir, have some skills and foresight. what did the inspector say when he saw it? well done BOTM for sure

Back
Top Bottom