85 FJ1100 .. Time To Update The Beast !

Anyone have a link to a axle size chart or alike ? Befor I drop money on a front wheel need to figure out if it will fit the YZF axle with a R1/6 front wheel !

nice ;D however you should have another heavy support washer on the outside axle ends to properly catch the swinger,carry on

DreadRock said:
Anyone have a link to a axle size chart or alike ? Befor I drop money on a front wheel need to figure out if it will fit the YZF axle with a R1/6 front wheel !

This one might help?
http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/metric-chopper-talk/77043-jap-bikes-fork-tube-sizes-neck-bearings-axle-diameters.html

??
Your talking on the out side of the swinger ? If so all stock parts are there FJ rear axle has no washer on sprocket side and has one on brake side then Castle nut . But will take a look at the manual to double check !

Thanks Yam will look thur that the answer should be in there someplace !

just looked like it was missing something, the box section swingers i have seen on other bikes capture and clamp the entire box
have fun , merry christmas !

Thanks man ! Same to you Merry Christmas!

On the FJ axle the sprocket side has a 17 mm head with the washer as part of the axle it self if the makes any sense lol

Well found the 98 YZF750R is a 25mm axle now I need to find what a R1/6 axle size are !!

DreadRock said:
Thanks Yam will look thur that the answer should be in there someplace !

Youre welcome, i think i saw the chart on DTT as well but i cant find it anymore :eek:

Merry X-mas and all that fuss 8)

Thanks anyway XB !

Well how things change LOL with time and reading . The back is staying a R6 wheel as its done just need sprocket,chain,new bearings, brake stay, tire . As for the front the biggest hurdle is the speedo drive and which way to go to fix it . The FJ wheel ran the speedo and trip but a R6 wheel will not and there are no 5 spoke wheel that do that I know of . Now there are ways around that with some work and $$ and im really trying to keep the cost down but do it right the first time . So thins what happened ... after looking at this or that one of my riding buddys had a CBR F2 6 spoke wheel at his house so i said lets just see how it would work . The wheel is 17x3.50, runs the speedo drive , has more then 3 spokes and is one size off on the ID of the bearing . Down side has one spoke more then the back and needs 310mm rotors where the stock F2 is 273mm . But once you have 310mm rotors,calipers,forks,fender,all right there you will never see it and the out of the know wont know LOL
Rotors yea pricey but not a stopper i keep thinking man will it look ok or like shit !!!!!! Well after looking at my buddys VFR which is all stock didn't even notice that its running a 8 spoke wheel in the back and 6 spoke in the front so if Honda can do it so can i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Found a F2 wheel from Rice Patty cycles which are good guys to deal with and got a top triple tree on the way ! So should have the front on maybe next weekend . Also i had a set of R6 calipers that needed fitted and needed to cut out as lil as i could in the webbing between mounting holes after i did that calipers went right on . Yes the wheel is Yellow LOL but both wheels once all done will be pulled apart and PCed Black with new bearing,seals !

Thanks Justin , we just wont tell brad LOL

interceptor said:
One of my all time favorite bikes of that era. Yes, even more than the, um... Interceptor. There I said it.

Thanks man the buddy I ride with and is helping me is a Interceptor lover also and has a few . His bike has the F2 wheels mounted up on it and looks sweet . Its one of the main reason why im doing this !!!!!!

rundown said:
Loved your XS 500, really looking forward to seeing what you do here.

Thank you sir !

Well after going to the bearing shop looking for a bearing that will fit both F2 wheel and YZF axle its a no go on that ! So I picked up a F2 axle and some stock to make it work safely mind you LOL Waiting on a few things to show up then will get to work on it and get a update and pics !!!!

Well after finding out when the "Thaw" date is and what needs done I'm think the FJ update might be on hold . With just lil over 3 months and money tight to get it done will take longer ! Now the plan is , is to put new bearings , brake pads , and tires on it . I want it done right so by going this way I can get all the right parts I need and enjoy the bike and when all parts are had then change over ! Great thing about this set -up is nothing on the bike is moded other then the bottom tree which are cheap to come by ! Will keep the thread up-dated on what's being done as I go !

Back
Top Bottom