The Workshop & Deck

After a week of temperatures @ 41C + (106F) :eek: I was lucky to pick up this retro fan for the shop ;D It has 3 speed settings and depending on which way I face it can be an extractor or refresher :) I fitted a mount into the window frame which allows me to easily swivel and remove.

Attachments

• wsf.jpg
    wsf.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 313
  • wsfm.jpg
    wsfm.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 305
has been a fun week hasn't it?

i DID have a large pedestal fan out in my new garage but mrs spotty decided it would be far more use in the house so the garage has been uinusable for the whole week, loadsa fun

deepwaterimports said:
Best idea for ventilation. You will need to put up a video walk through of the place it looks frggin huge by the pics.

Cheers man, I'm half way though staining the deck (first coat done) once I've completed the 2nd and the sealer I'll but up a vid, nice idea :)

After using my neighbours media blasting setup I realized how awesome and useful they are, soooo I decided I had to have my own ::) I'm picking up tomorrow night ;) and it comes with 2 bags of media of different coarseness ;D

Now to convince the wife I've always had it :eek: ;)

Attachments

• mbc4.jpg
    mbc4.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 288
  • mbc3.jpg
    mbc3.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 294
  • mbc2.jpg
    mbc2.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 294
  • mbc.jpg
    mbc.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 291
I couldn't help it :-[ ;D Well I will need to weld up a stand for the new :eek: I mean old blasting cabinet ;) & who doesn't have a heat gun, my old one broke :p

Attachments

• adwh (766x800).jpg
    adwh (766x800).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 747
  • hag (800x637).jpg
    hag (800x637).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 292
So of course I had to try out the new helmet and I needed a trolly for my welder so I made 1 up ;D added the hangers for helmets and the welder leads, the box will be mounted to the side for my grinder ;) The box will be my first subject in the blaster :eek:

Attachments

• wtbp (2).jpg
    wtbp (2).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 288
Finished the welding trolley (apart from the grinder box ;) ) then set straight to work welding up the trolley stand for the blasting cabinet :eek: ;D All done and painted in mid grey as homage to the dexion I used to make it :) waiting for it to dry before starting the final setup of the cabinet .

Attachments

• bctp.jpg
    bctp.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 857
  • wtwgo.jpg
    wtwgo.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 867
And here she is sitting on the new stand :p

Attachments

• bcons.jpg
    bcons.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 835
Tonight I fitted the regulator then plumbed up a tested ;) I then riveted a work light to the top and sealed with high temp silicone, it's exactly the light I was looking for :) I still need to pick up some more flexible + longer media tube then it's ready for it's first run ;D

Attachments

• bcpwl.jpg
    bcpwl.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 287
Awsome Andy, that will be the best shop tool you have when it comes to cleaning old crappy bike parts, house stuff, antique metal bits whatever, with the right media choice it will save you hours I am sure.

Maritime said:
Awsome Andy, that will be the best shop tool you have when it comes to cleaning old crappy bike parts, house stuff, antique metal bits whatever, with the right media choice it will save you hours I am sure.

Thanks dude ;D

Finished up the little welding cart today by adding the grinder box :) After giving the box a run through the blasting cabinet using glass media which only removes paint and surface rust, I was very happy with the patina look so just cleared over to finish :p Bolted it on to the cart and added a mount bolt at 1 end for the wire wheel and bent up a hook for the other end to hold various disks 8)

Attachments

• wcwgb3.jpg
    wcwgb3.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 810
  • wcwgb2.jpg
    wcwgb2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 299
  • wcwgb1.jpg
    wcwgb1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 675
  • wcwgb.jpg
    wcwgb.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 287
Do you find that it's top heavy? Would you have better balance if you put the toolbox on the bottom?

Habanero52 said:
Do you find that it's top heavy? Would you have better balance if you put the toolbox on the bottom?

Hey, I checked that after I had mounted up the box to see if it would be, especially with wheels on it :eek:. I found that with the width and height ( or lack of height ) combined with grinder not being that heavy, I'm all good and it doesn't try and fall over at every wheel stopping item ;D

Seeing Brodies shop starting to take place had motivated me to get going on some changes in mine ??? It's been a couple of years since I completed my build and with time and adding new tools to the shop I found that the benches along the back wall were taking up space and not being used :eek: So on the weekend I removed them and reused the materials to build some more useful shelving, splashed some colour on the wall to brighten the place up and there you go Still have plenty of sorting out to do but very happy with the result :)

Attachments

• nwl.jpg
    nwl.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 267
  • nwl1.jpg
    nwl1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 268
  • nwl2.jpg
    nwl2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 250
  • nwl3.jpg
    nwl3.jpg