Great video, amazing build and the direction he went on it

Dude, I am all about survival bikes, rat bikes, and dieselpunk. I chicken shit weld like a mad max god, but that BMW scares the jeepers out of me.

He lost me when he poured gas in the tank, and it was leaking all over the place. Has he never heard of leak testing a tank, fer fuck sake?

That was pretty cool, the philosphy he has with bikes...I wouldn't ride that hunk of shit except once...but good story.

After Christmas. I'm bogged down both on time and funds till then. This last year proved to be a total loss with yet another move, less space, and other projects constantly getting in the way. I'm beyond ready to get it moving again. I'm panning a January relaunch.

And I could definitely out do him on welding up a leaky tank!

Hmmmm... Please excuse this long rambling bullshit. Its pointless, but Ill post it anyway as I dont want it in my head anymore.

This bike, and the guy who built it irk me. I hold NO ill will towards the man in the video. Quite the contrary actually. I think he has some great ideas, and I think he has a beautiful mindset in most regards. That said, the whole thing is self indulgent BS.

The bike barely functions, and hes somehow happy about that. Now, Id generally figure that he was just a hack artist having a go at a bike as some sort of performance art installation or whatever. Thats obviously not the case though. He has other bikes. I saw them in the vid. Theyre nice. Theyre finished to a higher level. While explaining the downfalls of this monstrosity, he did uses terms and descriptors that imply a life spent on two wheels and a higher level of intelligence.

Yet... He builds a steaming pile of what the fuck? Doesnt make sense. Unless, hes just a loon who loves shoing people how "interesting and creative" he is. In other words, "PLEASE LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"

Thats a bummer. I have little patience for that usually. I have zero patience for it when not referring to pets, or children.

As far as the "style" of his bike, thats another point of contention. There are bikes here on DTT that some could call "rats". There are some that you could call "organic in style". Some that defy any real adjectives. The general thread that binds these bikes is that they were built to FUNCTION. They usually arent my thing, but as long as safety and functionality are primary in the design and building of them, who in the hell am I to argue style? Its not my bike, and therefore, unless Im asked directly about my opinion regarding the LOOK of the bike I keep my mouth shut.

But, this thing was built to be dangerous. Thats bull shit. When he says he wanted to leave the wiring exposed, I bet he means "I didnt want to take the time to hide it because than nobody would ask me about it". See where Im going here?

Anyhow, Im sure hes a cool guy. If Im ever in his neck of the woods, Id be happy to share a few hours and a couple beers talking about bikes and life. But it seems to me that this bike, and the countless others like it in the world are as big a cry for attention as the chromed out Busas we all love to hate. Thats a shame, as they were probobly built by some cool folks too.

Fuck you Mike. I know this guy because he is inside of me. If I could weld, that would be me in 30 years. I'm sure he didn't plan on showing a leaky tank on camera but they just showed up and that's what they got.

I made a cool solid state rotor helicopter that was going to be on the discovery channel. When the film crew showed up and started filming, the electronics started smoking. Shit happens.

I would like to show you my wiring too.....not hide it. Bauhaus!. Form follows function!

You can't handle the truth.

Dude, an unforeseen wire issue, and the builder admitting that it is a dangerous pile are two different things.

CrescentSon said:
Dude, an unforeseen wire issue, and the builder admitting that it is a dangerous pile are two different things.
Twisting Mike's balls. :)

My bike was hinky as shit. The tank was weeping gas. The carbs were leaking. The rear brake rod was near worthless. I couldn't ride for more than 3 hours without the headlight killing my battery. But I made it up to the tail of the dragon, around and back. You really can't take a guy that builds his tank out of a license plate seriously. It is just a youtube video. I seriously think that is me in 30 years. :)

It doesn't snow in the south though.

I love BMW bikes and really dislike the one this guy built. I can accept his eccentricity. He'd be good confetti for a party. The bike just isn't good. I think it's lazy for him to do the wiring as such. If someone really wanted to have the wiring exposed for aesthetic purposes they would still do something with it to make it look good and not like a tumbleweed rainbow.

Back
Top Bottom