New CNC parts line.

J-Rod10 said:
He's casting them in house.

I've considered doing billet. I just don't have the time.

Thats a lot of hours, but doable. I figure out of billet it's still under 2k no problem.

Xv1100 side covers. They are notorious for falling off and are not cheap for a new set.

Spoked hubs are something that are hard to find for modern USD front ends. Shouldn't be as hard to machine as a top yolk (triple tree in US English). I wish my mill was CNC. At least I have a mill and make my own parts.
00335c49309bb413b1ceabd41e5576aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Milling your own top clamp is awesome. I'm looking to offer some heavy 3d machining that right now no one is producing, mainly because of cost i think.

Attachments

• IMG_53471.jpg
    IMG_53471.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_53481.jpg
    IMG_53481.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_53511.jpg
    IMG_53511.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 255
Oh and we are offering the spanner nut under thr triple in stainless also. The original ones are nasty!

Not criticising your plan, hell I wish I had the opportunity to set up a cnc shop.

I think spoked hubs is the gap in the market.

Karlloss said:
Not criticising your plan, hell I wish I had the opportunity to set up a cnc shop.

I think spoked hubs is the gap in the market.

Those are easy, we are designing them too!

jag767 said:
Oh and we are offering the spanner nut under thr triple in stainless also. The original ones are nasty!
I think that things like this are a good way to get the ball rolling. The little things that usually aren't cost effective to have re-plated (only one piece) but stick out on a build and make it look half done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Karlloss said:
Spoked hubs are something that are hard to find for modern USD front ends. Shouldn't be as hard to machine as a top yolk (triple tree in US English). I wish my mill was CNC. At least I have a mill and make my own parts.
00335c49309bb413b1ceabd41e5576aa.jpg

What mill do you have, Karl?

Fantastic that you built your own triple clamp!

CrabsAndCylinders said:
What mill do you have, Karl?

Fantastic that you built your own triple clamp!

I have a Chester Champion 20v mill http://www.chesterhobbystore.com/champion-20v-mill-3992-p.asp

Basically it's the same Chinese mill as many others. I chose the Chester as it came with MT2 taper which is the same as my Myford ML7 lathe.

The mill is ok, can't take big bites of material as it does vibrate a bit if you do, so I end up with many lighter cuts. Not an issue, just takes time, but then my project build has been 4 years in the making due to life getting in the way.

The triple clamp came out ok, I might tidy it up a bit more yet. I want to anodise it and some other parts when I'm finished.

jag767 said:
Those are easy, we are designing them too!

You could probably design a modular hub for 20~25mm axles?
The axle provides strength and rigidity to forks so a 'built up' hub could be a viable option?

J-Rod10 said:
He's casting them in house.

Originals are magnesium, is he doing them in 'ordinary' alloy?
I think someone mentioned the alloy hub weight around 25lbs?

Karlloss said:
The mill is ok, can't take big bites of material as it does vibrate a bit if you do, so I end up with many lighter cuts. Not an issue, just takes time, but then my project build has been 4 years in the making due to life getting in the way.

My XS650 has been 'on hold' for 10+ yrs

I didnt know this was vetting made so soon, but got sent to me just now. This is obviously the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_53741.jpg
    IMG_53741.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 227
I still want an offset top tripple to replace the stock RD350 one. Cant use a flat top because it would lower the front end

JSJamboree said:
I still want an offset top tripple to replace the stock RD350 one. Cant use a flat top because it would lower the front end

Its probably only an inch no?

Nice work. Makes me wish my mill was CNC with cooling!

Back
Top Bottom