'75 Honda CL360 - Flip It

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
So I picked up this CL360 last week for $600. Had a bill of sale from an owner or to ago, but for the price I figured I'd chance it. Battery completely dead, but came to life with a jump start from a spare AGM I had laying around. Hasn't been run since '05.

Plans are a quick OEM+ resto and then throw it on craigslist and see if I can't make a few bucks.

On the to do list:
  • New tires front and rear
  • New R/R and flasher relay
  • Swap out turn signals and headlight bucket
  • Seat upholstery
  • Put OEM side covers back on
  • Clean and seal gas tank
  • Replace straight pipes with some mufflers
  • General cleanup and spit shine
  • Usual maintenance stuff - valve clearances, carb clean, timing, oil, maybe cam chain tensioners
  • Bars, maybe?

Attachments

• 2015-04-06 001.JPG
    2015-04-06 001.JPG
    668.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 2015-04-06 002.JPG
    2015-04-06 002.JPG
    941.8 KB · Views: 293
Good luck! Funny, I did the same thing but I made it too nice. Everybody who came and looked at it said they wanted more of a `project` bike. I will never put more than I have to into a bike now. You could probably get more money in the long run by just cleaning it up, adding a new battery and making sure it runs.

So I pulled the tank so I could swap out to the new petcock that arrived. I removed the current brass fitting and out poured a bunch of gas and rust. Looks like I'll be doing a cleaning and lining the tank, too.

I also got the new seat cover onto the bike.

Attachments

• 2015-04-10 001.JPG
    2015-04-10 001.JPG
    510.1 KB · Views: 288
  • 2015-04-10 002.JPG
    2015-04-10 002.JPG
    683.1 KB · Views: 274
The tank is back from the radiator shop. They ran it through their acid cleaner and then media blasted the exterior. Not bad for $70. Debating on whether or not I should seal it. Good selling point?

I also swapped the rear wheel out for the one from my other 360. It's a good excuse to get some aluminum wheels on SOS.

Attachments

• 2015-04-14 001.JPG
    2015-04-14 001.JPG
    670.5 KB · Views: 270
You need to put looonger pipes on her. Shesh, c'mon newbie, everybody knows that.
If you wanna flip her dont seal the tank. That will be fun for the next guy.
Seat really improved things. 8)

How did the acid bath work out for the interior...are you impressed?

trek97 said:
How did the acid bath work out for the interior...are you impressed?

Spotless. I could eat off the thing and it was some of the worst rust I'd seen without being ruined.

Turnturtle said:
I have some CB 360 side covers if you need them.

Thanks. I found a replica set on eBay and they're currently en route.

Hopefully, I have all the parts I need at this point.

New headlight and speedo installed. Got the front and rear wheel from SOS installed onto this bike, too.

Attachments

• 2015-04-18 001.JPG
    2015-04-18 001.JPG
    607.2 KB · Views: 282
I bet if you show the next owner this thread of all the quality work and time that has been invested yout will get more money back out of it. Usually it doesn't pay off to get new tires, adjust valves etc when flipping it but might in this case. I would pay more knowing what extras been done!

Well I'm not going to sell a bike without making the sure the maintenance is done and the tires (especially the front) were literally shredded.

Back
Top Bottom