www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Cafe Racers / Re: 1974 CB360 - first bike/build
« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 18:24:56 »
I figured that I change my mind so much that I might as well make my tray and battery box as flexible as possible. This way I can still run my stock air filters, and when/if I change to a different filter setup I can just rotate the box. I am hoping to pick the tray and box up by Wednesday afternoon. And I just dropped off my new headlight brackets - which should be ready at the same time.

And for anybody that is wondering - the carbon fiber used in the brackets is pretty strong. It has some flex to it, but I have to white-knuckle the thicker bits to get to give. Here is the new design (I finally got my math right on the width I needed - adding a slight curve at the attachment point to give me the space I need):

Inner View

Outerview

Electrical / Re: 74' CB360 - LED flicker
« Last post by Sonreir on Today at 18:17:34 »
The socket is 9mm.
Electrical / Re: 74' CB360 - LED flicker
« Last post by huck_finn on Today at 18:11:36 »
The bulbs in question came with my top clamp from Cognito Moto - I will have to see where they sourced them from.

Moving my harness away from my coils didn't seem to do the trick, and I am getting a solid 13.8V at idle and 14.2 at high revs (but this is not under load, just sitting on the center stand).

I am willing to go ahead and order some new lights if it means I can get back on the road and not worry about setting my tail on fire. Sonreir, do you happen to know the diameter of the LED dash lights that you have on your site?

Trackers / Re: "Tangerine Dream" / Glemseck - KZ750
« Last post by beachcomber on Today at 18:06:32 »
It's official ...... the NOS kit's mine. Tee,hee,hee. 8)
Loungin at da club / Re: What's the best advice you have heard...
« Last post by crazypj on Today at 17:54:53 »
This actually worked a few time for me when I was younger and single  ;D
'You have great legs, I only see one thing wrong with them, they are not wrapped around my neck'

Pretty sure it's not original but I don't remember hearing it from anyone when I was 'out and about' 20~30 yrs ago
Trackers / Re: "Tangerine Dream" / Glemseck - KZ750
« Last post by beachcomber on Today at 17:26:57 »
Man, you are not messing around.   

hell no ........ like I said previously - this one HAS to be right. It will  [ Board Tracker apart ] be my last project [ and maybe the Max Deubel homage sitter  sidecar outfit ].

This is really the culmination of all my years of experience and knowledge in building Cafe Racers - and I want it to be the best I can. OK, NOS wasn't around in the 60's [ generally ] but Webers certainly were - I had 3 bikes [ 2 x race 1 x road ] all with DCOE Webers. After the few scares and false starts over the past few years, it's finally looking as if it's going to be finished. When you think I offered it all up for sale at one stage ! Yes, my Virago "Vindicator" CR had to go, but at least I managed to hang on to the Grimeca hubs/ Borrani rims.

The blower motor will get built up over time, but that's going to take a lot of outsourced machining, fab, welding = money.

I'm just waiting for confirmation from the seller re: the nitrous set up. It's actually off a Drag Race Harley - hence the two foggers, but that's ideal for my set up as there will be one fogger in each of the manifold runners. That's why I swapped to the long manifold as I can get a better entry angle on the nozzles.
Cafe Racers / CB650 Swedish Cafe
« Last post by DanielK on Today at 16:50:34 »
At last all the wiring are hidden! This was helped by using a Motogadget m.unit. So easy to use. Configured for a 4 button setup. Nice and minimalistic.

Just need to buy some transparent hose for carb draining(?), and figure out how to hide the crankcase ventilation.

But that means I'd have to pull it down from the ceiling where it's hanging. That takes way to much work.

Levi has all sorts of projects just hanging around.   :D
I am against you posting and working on this truck, because its preventing you from working on that 'Rupp' minibike..... Then finish this, but lets see that bad thing see the finish!
But that means I'd have to pull it down from the ceiling where it's hanging. That takes way to much work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Our 4 Wheeled Contraptions / Re: 1949 Ford F-3 "old red truck"
« Last post by JSJamboree on Today at 16:42:18 »
I am against you posting and working on this truck, because its preventing you from working on that 'Rupp' minibike..... Then finish this, but lets see that bad thing see the finish!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10