www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Guess who's coming?
Yep that'd be me.

I dropped the camper passes at the post office this morning. You should have by Saturday or Monday.
Electrical / Re: HELP - Handlebar controls broken
« Last post by biker for life on Today at 06:44:53 »
Yes, there is a crack in the housing. So I guess this can't be fixed  :'(

Cafe Racers / Re: Suzuki GT185 1978 build
« Last post by Mr Bernzo on Today at 06:43:16 »
Experience: tons. Advice: not much....except to say, be patient! You are going in the right direction, about the only other option is to find an original intake and filter.
Haha, I have the original air box, the foam filters are stuffed though and I can't find any new ones. Don't seem to be available anywhere.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

« Last post by goldy on Today at 06:36:15 »
Experience: tons. Advice: not much....except to say, be patient! You are going in the right direction, about the only other option is to find an original intake and filter.
« Last post by Mr Bernzo on Today at 06:27:14 »
Seems to be running lean. I have no baffles in the exhaust as they were cactus. New baffles coming tomorrow and size bigger main jets. Anyone have any experience jetting Suzuki twins?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: $50 mod thread
« Last post by Ryan Stecken on Today at 04:34:07 »
Late to the party but what an idea!
Engines / Re: How to repair broken engine wing
« Last post by JMPUK on Today at 03:44:11 »
By the way the fin that is 2 more down looks like it's been broken and filed back so you may as well fix that one too.

Blimey you have eyes like a hawk! I never even noticed this myself, but you are right, it does. best method for fixing this? On the plus side it gives me more faith that my fix will go un-noticed (to most!)
« Last post by JMPUK on Today at 03:40:39 »
Yeah this ^^^^

There's a bunch of metal putties available that you could use - we used to use Devcon in the shop to re- mound broke off fins but yes you will need to paint.

Any TIG welder who knows what they are doing will probably want the block separated and totally cleaned before they touch it. There's a chance you can warp the block doing that as well.

Thanks for that. Will go this route then for sure as can probably controls the finish. I was going to separate the block to give the shown jug a sand blast and respray black. would this be advisable to do with block intact??
« Last post by JMPUK on Today at 03:28:23 »
Sometimes it's best to just replace it like I did with QuickSteel
You'll need paint though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good Joseph - you've done a nice job there! Thanks for the response. I will go this route then and see how I get on. Would I get away with just using a small amount of putty in between the break or would I need to cover the top and bottom also then file / sand down when cured?

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using DO THE TON mobile app

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10