F'n Right (patch info)

Re: F'n Right

CresentSon said:
I set it up for 4", and since I did the digitizing there isn't a set up fee. She is doing mine as we speak. After that anyone who wants it gets it for $5. Once she is done I'll have her snap some pics.

First off, I need at least 2 of these for myself :) Also, I noticed the DIRTY SOUTH letters are kind of tapered towards the center of the patch. If you want, I can do this up in Illustrator using the original artwork etc. and avoid the tapering.

Is the patch maker 'tracing' a JPG image? I've found poor results with that process - the letters get misshapen.

Let me know if I can lend a hand at all, and make 2 for me :)

Hey Tim,
I did the text in photoshop, I can adjust the taper. It is a variable effect of arcing the text, and I might need to play with it a little more. The patch design is from the original artwork and I'm working in a program called PE design, but I'm new at it.

The text is directly laid in with the original true type font. I should have an image this evening.

Tim said:
First off, I need at least 2 of these for myself :) Also, I noticed the DIRTY SOUTH letters are kind of tapered towards the center of the patch. If you want, I can do this up in Illustrator using the original artwork etc. and avoid the tapering.

Is the patch maker 'tracing' a JPG image? I've found poor results with that process - the letters get misshapen.

Let me know if I can lend a hand at all, and make 2 for me :)

Hey wait a sec...arent the co-founders and admins suppose to get samples of any new regional patches for free??... ya know.. to..a... have them framed and hung on the wall of the club house?.. yeah..thats it.. ;D...

haha.. jsut kidding.. I love the patches...

Im thinkin of getting Carterof making a 10 inch size of each refional patch so that I can frame them and put them in my office...

Oh..I forgot.. when finish up the final version, can you send me a high-rez copy so I can post it up on the official colours thread?

thanks

Wait a minute... We have a club house?!? Is there a giant penny in there like in the bat cave?

Got the image fixed per Timbo's observations, and I spaced the lettering a little more as well. The first run the letters were too close together, which I didn't like. I'll churn out another and get a good pic.

Ok, so I took the time to 'digitize' the design only to find the software I used wasn't compatible with the machine. So we decided to have the patch set up professionally for $25. He sent us a trial version to do a test run, but quality wasn't perfect so the guy is reworking it for the second attempt. He assures me we will get prime quality for the money.

SDC127812.jpg

Sorry for the img res, mom's camera. Her email is nightngale1111@att.net for ?'s.

I really wanted to do the digitizing on my own, but I don't want to spend the $$ on a new program. This one worked on her old machine, but I haven't done an image for the new one until now. The $25 was a cheaper option, and he did better than I could have I'm sure. I'll post pics as I get em.

Rockin!!!! That looks great from what I can tell. Your fixing of the letters looks much better. Bravo!

Thanks brother.

I'm still not 100% jazzed about the job this guy did judging by that image, but we have used him before and he has yet to let us down. I'm told it looks great in person, and the new rendering is better. I was just hoping that it would be perfect first run, but we'll get the bugs out.

I also still need to post the high res artwork. 15" image, should be good for an 11" back piece easy. If anyone wants it I'll post in the AM.

8) I definately want a back piece, and two 4" patches. I'll wait for the final final version ;D

Just email your info to Janie nightngale1111@att.net and she'll hook you up.
The final revision is done, and she has the presses running. I'll get a better image asap (at work).

Finally got a decent pic of the patch. I have been out of contact with Mom for a bit, but here it is. She also said she needed to add $1.00 for S&H. She also has the TX patch done, just FYI.

Damn! WHere have I been? THis is awesome guys. I like the white lightnin' angle on the patch. Great job guys!

Just got my patches in! Awesome stuff! Crescent, next time you talk to your mom give her a big thank you from me!

Yeah, they rock! Alex gave one of the ones he bought to me as a gift! So thanks to him, you, and your mom, cresent! I will be ordering some of the 11" ones soon. Are they set up and ready yet? I would also like to see a pic of them and the price! Thanks again brother!

Sorry Twisted, but 6" is the largest she can do. Her loom is a 6"x10", it is a small scale pro machine. I drew the original image 15 inches so you can have somebody do you one up, but that is beyond her current capacity.

DSJUGxlg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom