So-Cal riders

rufio said:
hey folks.... If you havent been to the DOFFO winery in temecula, the place is awesome. It's a winery nestled in Temecula, but also somewhat of a motorcycle museum. if you havent been yet....go....plus...there's a vintage bike meet next weekend.

Man, this would be perfect to catch Santiago Canyon and Ortega Hwy along the way

socalmike_cb72 said:
Man, this would be perfect to catch Santiago Canyon and Ortega Hwy along the way

If you're coming from the westside that would be a perfect route .

namelesspenguin said:
new rider here from the IE. justin. i just got a '75 CB550F as my first project bike. actually, first bike ever!

Nice, congrats on your first bike! You're at the right forum for a build.

Put up a post in the introductions sections, and start a thread on your build.

Also, welcome to DTT! You're out in Rufio's area. Maybe you can bug him to come out if you have any problems. ;D

socalmike_cb72 said:
Nice, congrats on your first bike! You're at the right forum for a build.

Put up a post in the introductions sections, and start a thread on your build.

Also, welcome to DTT! You're out in Rufio's area. Maybe you can bug him to come out if you have any problems. ;D

Yup....There's a small group of vintage riders here.....at least in the Riverside Area. Hit a brother up penguin!

rufio said:
Yup....There's a small group of vintage riders here.....at least in the Riverside Area. Hit a brother up penguin!

thanks for the warm welcome guys! im in northern rialto. once i start troubleshooting the bike, i may have to hit you up for some pointers rufio. cant wait to get her running!

Hey you so cal knuckleheads....the cretins is having their vintage swap meet. It should be good time. I'm going to this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20140530_134131.JPG
    IMG_20140530_134131.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 365
So my small group rode up to the swap, and met some of the guys from the Cretins MC. Man, those guys were really cool. Very welcoming and cool dudes. They invited us to their clubhouse and hung out for a bit, I guess it didn't hurt that one of my buddies bought a parts bike from one of the members. But I just want to publicly say thanks to the Cretins for the beer/coffee/ and doughnuts today.

rufio said:
So my small group rode up to the swap, and met some of the guys from the Cretins MC. Man, those guys were really cool. Very welcoming and cool dudes. They invited us to their clubhouse and hung out for a bit, I guess it didn't hurt that one of my buddies bought a parts bike from one of the members. But I just want to publicly say thanks to the Cretins for the beer/coffee/ and doughnuts today.

I was there also, and was surprised at the level of bikes at the swap. The Ariel was amazing, and there were some pretty reasonable prices on decent parts. Hopefully this will continue to grow. Fun for a quick Sunday blast. Like an idiot, instead of bringing my truck, I brought my Triumph without a cargo net, so didn't get to bring anything home....

jbrtwork said:
Jim... snowed in up here in Lake Arrowhead. High above SoCal. Got an unusual project - building a '95 Yamaha Seca II into a neo cafe naked bike. Sort of hoping the outcome will be akin to a Ducati Monster... sort of. This bike's a blast, but like I said, unusual for a cafe.
I made a Seca II cafe bike back in 94 when I lived in Chicago. Awesome bike.

my bike will be running soon! build thread a bit behind actual build but i basically just have to reinstall everything!

btw anyone doing the distinguished gentlemans ride?

mAd mOrdigan said:
my bike will be running soon! build thread a bit behind actual build but i basically just have to reinstall everything!

btw anyone doing the distinguished gentlemans ride?

Distinguished gentlemen's ride is in a couple months, but I think they're still getting info together for LA. I'll definitely be going.

And get your thread up! Your frame + engine was lookin slick.

any idea what day
socalmike_cb72 said:
Distinguished gentlemen's ride is in a couple months, but I think they're still getting info together for LA. I'll definitely be going.

And get your thread up! Your frame + engine was lookin slick.

im trying to figure out what day as i need to be able to request it off.

lol thanks mike, having majority of the parts new or refinished is making the build longer than anticipated as now i want EVERY single part shiney and new looking.

mAd mOrdigan said:
any idea what day
im trying to figure out what day as i need to be able to request it off.

lol thanks mike, having majority of the parts new or refinished is making the build longer than anticipated as now i want EVERY single part shiney and new looking.

Oh man I'm right there with you. The struggle is real!!

It looks like it could be the 4th weekend of September, the 27th or the 28th. They're start posting more info the closer we get.

Anybody down in the Palm Springs/Coachella Valley area? Looking to meet up with someone who knows motorcycles and who can talk me through rejetting carbs and rebuilding a wire harness on a CB750. Thanks!

Anyone in Los Angeles looking for a bike? This just popped up on my craigslist feed.

This just popped up on craigs. CB350 $1500, running, titled.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/4586531588.html

Back
Top Bottom