Your human powered two wheeled rides

SquadraCorse

Coast to Coast
Just curious to see what you guys have for bikes.

Two of my fixies:

IMGP0869.JPG

IMGP0872.JPG

IMGP0959.JPG

IMGP0963.JPG

IMGP0968.JPG

love the wood handle bar! The copper color on the green machine is also pretty awesome. I'll take a pic of my roadie and throw it up here when I get the chance.

cheers!

You seam to like the wood. Check my build (link below)

There wood grain deepVs?

Those new Vs are deeep eh? I heard alot about H+N rims. Cant afford a nice bike. Did up an old Bianchi though.

Wanna give me some sugino 75s?

I have your average fixie, not as cool as yours. Torker U District. It helps me cope with not having a motorcycle yet.

I've changed a couple things like, pedals, seat, and bigger tires. also started a bike club in Ypsilanti MI and used to make spoke cards for members and hand out at alley cats and what have you.

8718_650676217784_30318732_36812001.jpg

I've always wanted to get this as a tattoo to symbolize my love for chain driven transportation.

chaingang_fin_web.jpg

back side of my spoke card.

front_fin.jpg

Awesome Volume, the fork looks pretty out of place haha. I love the head tube cutouts on those.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
The Green bike is an SE Lager powdercoated british racing green. Kinesis carbon fork. Velocity Deep V's in teak color. Brooks saddle. Pake cranks powdercoated translucent copper. Leather chainstay protector, toe straps, toe clip covers, and saddle.

The gray bike is a Leader 721tr powdercoated some kind of gray. Wood handlebar from this guy:
http://cargocollective.com/workerman#29705/Handlebars
Velocity B43's (pretty much the same as H+son rims, but less expensive) Sugino RD cranks, TA Alize chainring, DuraAce Cog, Soma Okami Saddle, Miche Supertype seatpost.

SquadraCorse said:
Awesome Volume, the fork looks pretty out of place haha. I love the head tube cutouts on those.

yeah i cut my steerer tube too short when i got my new frame and had to parts bin a fork, the carbon fiber takes a little weight off the bike though, HA!

Here is my fixed gear. I handbuilt it last winter. The tubes are standard 4130 tubing, nothing special. It is lugged at the steer tube and top tube joints and then fillet brazed at the bottom bracket (where all tubes join by the cranks). It also has a one-piece fillet brazed stem and handlebar.

3326591173_98632fdc6d.jpg

3327429434_9331cf9ee7.jpg

3326592749_a3c6ed6e8b.jpg

This is my Spot Longboard 29er. Its a single speed belt drive bike. It is my race rig.

3207959198_5ca6772d4e.jpg

3207113427_98845043d5.jpg

Action shots...
3900641246_1dfbdcf40a_o.jpg

3899859975_6f1a17e773_o.jpg

I don't have pics of the others but I have a Lemond road bike and another single speed mtb.

Here's my commuter/cross bike. It's a specialized tricross. love this bike. Built a set of heavier duty wheels for it and replaced a few things like the crank and such. I added a rear rack with waterproof panniers. I have been known to carry a banjo in them, and more commonly the groceries for the week. On the front is one of my favorite parts. It's a front rack that is just the right size for a 6 pack. And of course, it has an integrated bottle opener! :)

Two wheels rule the world.

Picture002-4.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

I went through a short bicycle building phase a few years ago, putting together some "junkyard wars" quality bikes from parts I found in the neighbor's trash.

First was a recumbent from a discarded kids BMX bike. Single speed and a little cramped even for my short legs:
family005.jpg

bent004.jpg

Next was a tandem from a matched pair of Huffy's a neighbor gave me:
tandem004.jpg

Then a fairly useable 10 speed recumbent from some square tubing and various left over parts:
Frankenbikejr003.jpg

CC

Kanticoy said:
On the front is one of my favorite parts. It's a front rack that is just the right size for a 6 pack. And of course, it has an integrated bottle opener! :)

Two wheels rule the world.

Picture002-4.jpg

Nice! We decked out one of our floor model Tricross' with the front and rear rack. Of course it had to have a sixer of Fat Tire on it!

forcefanajd said:
how much does it typically cost to build a decent fixed gear?? im wanting to build one for the spring.

Both of mine came in around the $1000 mark. But they're all new components and custom paint. You could build a solid fixie with parts you want for about $500. A lot of people make them out of old 10 speeds, but the geometry is a lot different than a track bike. I made one out of an 80's schwinn; I rode it once, tore it down, and put the components on a new frame. It sucked to ride.

Gorgeous fixie mothgils, I love the dropouts.

SquadraCorse said:
Both of mine came in around the $1000 mark. But they're all new components and custom paint. You could build a solid fixie with parts you want for about $500. A lot of people make them out of old 10 speeds, but the geometry is a lot different than a track bike. I made one out of an 80's schwinn; I rode it once, tore it down, and put the components on a new frame. It sucked to ride.

would it be cost effective to just buy a fixed gear off craigslist or something and rip it down to nothing paint the frame and then modify it from there as i please you think? or am i better off starting with a new frame?

Solid Bikes AA. For some reason I figured I would have seen more BMX bikes in this thread. I gave up riding just before I got my CB. I'm 6 months from hitting the 30 year mark so I fugured I may be a little old to be hanging out with the tweens at the skate parks. It was fun while it lasted.
bike120.jpg

onehandednofootercopy.jpg

onefootedx-up2copy.jpg

SquadraCorse said:

Thanks man! Both of yours are clean!

One of the guys that works at my shop has handlebar similar to that on his fixed.

m511y said:
Solid Bikes AA. For some reason I figured I would have seen more BMX bikes in this thread. I gave up riding just before I got my CB. I'm 6 months from hitting the 30 year mark so I fugured I may be a little old to be hanging out with the tweens at the skate parks. It was fun while it lasted.

onefootedx-up2copy.jpg

Your pants aren't nearly tight enough to be a BMXer, sorry ;D

Back
Top Bottom