Your human powered two wheeled rides

Classic! By 1987 I was out of BMX and driving around in the Buick.

I still remember when HARO brought out the first 'freestyle' frame. We were all tooling around on our race bikes once we were bored with dirt tracks and 'riders ready, pedals ready... GATE!'.

oooh I can play this...

While I procrastinate starting my 77 Bonneville cafe project thread...here is another 2 wheel illness

My Merlin race bike
web.jpg

Bridgestone RB1 - a classic
web.jpg

my first 'track' bike the notorious Bianchi Pista
web.jpg

my surly steamroller - the bike I usually grab - too much fun
web.jpg

here it is set up for long distance Nova Scotia camping touring with a yak trailer - yes a fixed gear, it is good for you, if it doesn't kill you
web.jpg

A vintage Univega Strada fixed and fendered for winter riding - parts bin bikes rock, ride em hard and put em away wet
web.jpg

Single speed Spot for dirt - gears and suspension are for pussies
web.jpg

Darwin "The Natural Selection" for long distance brevets
web.jpg

Croll cyclocross race bike
web.jpg

Waterford race bike - ex mavic neutral support bike - yes tubulars
web.jpg

couple of "Standard" bmx race bikes I built for my boyz
web.jpg

web.jpg

more - my last bike project

Built this cool single speed (can be fixed gear) cross bike frame. First time ever making a frame, I call it "Spruce".

Zero-Uno tubeset and stainless lugs I cut into trees and polished myself. Still missing fingerprints to prove it. Silver brazed. Painted a nice Imron metallic spruce color.

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

IMG_1051-20-1-.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

forcefanajd said:
almost done....just need crank bolts and to bring it to a bike shop to have em tighten the bottom bracket.

download.jpg

It says "scrambler", but I dont see any high pipes... ??? :D

Its a double sided painting on plywood (i think...). One side is a bike, the other is a person just like that...

It is not a jet black naked woman, but it is an older picture of one of my other 'daily rides.'
bikechoochoo.jpg

1970's Fuji steal frame, friction shifters, wide tires -- and wider gear range -- fenders, kickstand, racks, panniers, and an older Burley D'Lite trailer. It is purpose built for bike commuting in Austin, a city full of hills. The kids call it their "Choo Choo bike va-room." We also have a tandem, and until just recently (until the Mrs got pregnant) we would hook it all up and he whole family would pedal to the grocery store, etc. I also hand built my own leather saddle. bla bla bla. Its a bike, and I love it.

peace and grease,
-fang

SquadraCorse said:
Wow man, VW's, Fixed Gears, Cafe Racers, and in New England. You fit the mold like I do lol. Great looking ride.

You have no idea, there are a whole bunch of people cast from it on this forum! We need to start a club alternating days between bikes, motorbikes, dubs, and checking out eachothers' wood stoves.

WeberKid said:
You have no idea, there are a whole bunch of people cast from it on this forum! We need to start a club alternating days between bikes, motorbikes, dubs, and checking out eachothers' wood stoves.

No wonder I like you guys so much....thrown in playing music and you have me in a nutshell....so when's woodstove day? I would also like to include a "garden swap" in the mix. Trading home grown veggies is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom