'75 CB360t or '73 CB750 - what would you buy?

gribbs

Coast to Coast
If you could purchase either one, same price (high), same condition (great) and both certified, which would you buy and why?

I like the smaller bike for its twin (less carb issues) but the bigger bike for its power and i look like i fit better on it (6'1). Feels like i fit the same on both.

smaller bike is better on gas, cheaper on insurance......750 could hold its value more maybe, be better for highway riding

Which would you pick, and why? Need your help guys/gals!

I would get the 260 only cause I want a small bike right now and I have a handful of 750's and 600's right now.

My real question would be, what do you want out of it? If you have to do the highway thing, hands down go with the 750. But if you are just looking to go on short blasts in the town, or are using it in a big city, then the 360 might be a lot of fun as well.

I love the simplicity of the small bikes, and you always feel like you are going faster than you really are... Riding a slow bike fast is way more fun the riding a fast bike slowly

dakine_surf said:
Riding a slow bike fast is way more fun the riding a fast bike slowly

Great point. Thanks for the reply. I am torn because I have a 750 project bike, so I want something different, but I have so many cafe style parts lyin around for 750s, it would be cool to have a second one. Plus the 750 is better for highway and 2 up. I envision riding in town way more than on the highway though, and the simplicity of the smaller bikes is a big draw for me, since I am not so mechanically inclined.

I think if i am paying a high price, the 750 makes more sense for resale also. I just hate the idea of another bank of 4 carbs that could give me hassles just like the project bike has been giving me for ages. Such a tough decision!

Youre in ontario right? Id go for the 360 since theyre a bit rarer here than the 750s. If you want a 750 in the future, theyll be no shortage of them available. Plus you already have one, so why not get something different?

Yup, ONT...i am leanin toward the 360, it would be cool to have somethin different, and yet still be building a 750 at the same time. I think I will buy either the 750 or the 360t tomorrow evening or saturday.

The 360 is not known for having the best power plant. The 750 on the other hand is a solid bike.

djelliott said:
The 360 is not known for having the best power plant. The 750 on the other hand is a solid bike.

This is really true... if it were a 350 that would be another story... Since you are not getting them for a steal, the 750 might be the more "responsible" thing to do.

if i was taller i would be on a 750. the bikes are just plain solid. cant go wrong with a 750 4 cylinder OHC. good power, huge aftermarket, lots of parts work (think... dual disk!)

just plain badass. the 360t will have less aftermarket and is a bit forgotten compared to the 350.

750 way more parts available for it and you'll always get your money back if you keep it clean. No disrespect to the 360 guys its just not a collectible bike.

Back
Top Bottom