Hoosier DTT Crew

Any of you guys near Indy that are good at adjusting timing on Honda's? I could use some help and would provide beer! :D I am down on the southside.

Any Hoosier DTTers planning to head to Barber's this October?

Myself and Jordan (JSJamboree) are headed down. Plan to trailer our bikes down there!

Hey guys just joined up, I'm from Howe just north of Lagrange on st rd 9. Me and some friends are planning on ridding down to the moto gp race at in Indy next weekend, anyone else heading down ?

Shermanator86 said:
Hey guys just joined up, I'm from Howe just north of Lagrange on st rd 9. Me and some friends are planning on ridding down to the moto gp race at in Indy next weekend, anyone else heading down ?
Hey you are close! Wave as you go through Kendallville ;)

Hoosier Daddy said:
Hey you are close! Wave as you go through Kendallville ;)
Yea real close, just rode through kville the other day

Well we'll have to see if i have the bike up and running by then, got the motor pulled about to split the case to replace the clutch push rod seal, then have to get re jet the carb, anyone know where I could pic up some jets for a keihin PJ around here, I stopped at Haydens on my way home from Fort Wayne Saturday and they didn't have the sizes i needed

Hoosier Daddy said:
Didn't they offer to order your jets? I got replacement jets for my Keihin's from them in two days.

nah I just ordered them online, should be here in time for next weekend

I have had reallygood luck with Red Line Honda here in town. While you have your motor out are you gonna do some painting and polishing on those cases. That is on my to-do lists for the fall when I put her away. It took me along time to get it running right, so I figure all the painting and polishing will happen come Nov.Summer is busy for us with the kids and sports, not to much free time to ride other than back and forth to work.

JESUS FREEK said:
I have had reallygood luck with Red Line Honda here in town. While you have your motor out are you gonna do some painting and polishing on those cases. That is on my to-do lists for the fall when I put her away. It took me along time to get it running right, so I figure all the painting and polishing will happen come Nov.Summer is busy for us with the kids and sports, not to much free time to ride other than back and forth to work.
Probably just going to clean all the grime off for now. I have new gaskets to put in after we get back, it isn't leaking on the top end so I'm going to let it be for now. but this winter I'm planning on painting the whole bike so the engine will get attention then.

Welcome Shermanator!

I am hoping to get my bike running well enough to head down to MotoGP. Hoping to make it downtown Saturday night for the cruise-in on Meridian st and then the race on Sunday.

mothgils said:
Welcome Shermanator!

I am hoping to get my bike running well enough to head down to MotoGP. Hoping to make it downtown Saturday night for the cruise-in on Meridian st and then the race on Sunday.
Thats our plan as well, me and my buddy with a '76 kz400 are taking off Saturday morning and just going to take our time taking back roads down and my other two friends that have a '10 z1000 and '09 er-6n are heading down in the afternoon and meeting us down there.
Where you heading down from?

So who is all going to motoGP this weekend? I'll be riding down tomorrow with three of my buddies, it be cool to meet up and see some of your bikes.

wish i could go this year but i dont have any money so its not happening. i've went two years and camped all weekend. its well worth it. also shermanator i see you have kz 400. i used to have one, well '79 400 in a '80 440 frame. traded my brother that for his '76 cb750. its his wifes bike now and he rides an xb12r.

16vmk1 said:
wish i could go this year but i dont have any money so its not happening. i've went two years and camped all weekend. its well worth it. also shermanator i see you have kz 400. i used to have one, well '79 400 in a '80 440 frame. traded my brother that for his '76 cb750. its his wifes bike now and he rides an xb12r.
nice, yea this is my first bike and its probably too small for me (6'2" 248lbs haha) but it carries my fat ass down the road pretty well. I'll probably be looking at bigger bike closer to next spring and an xb12 firebolt is on the list of bikes i'm considering. sucks you can't make it to the GP this is my first time down and from what my friends tell me it should be a blast

it was mine too. they ride real nice and easy, perfect for starting in my opinion. and haha my friend who lives in bloomington, loved my kz so we found him a 76 i think and hes about spot on the same size as you. but the gp is amazing. i've gone to the 500 too and the gp is so much better. seriously most time will be spent walking around to all the factory tents and vendors, except maybe on race day.

16vmk1 said:
it was mine too. they ride real nice and easy, perfect for starting in my opinion. and haha my friend who lives in bloomington, loved my kz so we found him a 76 i think and hes about spot on the same size as you. but the gp is amazing. i've gone to the 500 too and the gp is so much better. seriously most time will be spent walking around to all the factory tents and vendors, except maybe on race day.
I'm pretty excited for it, riding down to my friends apartment in fort wayne to meet up tonight and heading the rest of the way tomorrow , hopefully the guy whos apartment we are going to got his part in for his '10 z1000 so he can ride down

Back
Top Bottom