anyone in the photography club?

i snap a photo here and there, sometimes for work too.

4813733687_45b9c9491f_b.jpg

4814354150_fe633df5da.jpg

4256444783_4ae39cc32f_o.jpg

I got my Bachelors degree in photography in Santa Barbara, CA (Brooks Institute [formerly Brooks Institute of Photography]). Im living in Orlando right now going to Nursing school which was always part of my plan. I still shoot some weddings on the side but my true passion is Nature/Underwater and sports. Ive never shot motorcycles but know how to light cars and other large objects, just havent had the chance to do any motorcycle work. When I get my CX500 cafe racer finished I will start shooting that. If anyone is in the Orlando area and would like some shots of their bike I would love to meet up with you and shoot it. Even if your not in Orlando I could drive to meet you somewhere (Tampa, Jacksonville etc). Below is my website, take a look and let me know what you think. There are no motorcycles on my site but maybe we can change that.

www.codymcclung.com

photocodo

NIce... just found this thread. I love taking pics. I wouldn't say Im good or have any formidable skill... but its fun and I like learning.

Gear:
Nikon d40
SB-600
50MM 1.8
55-200MM 3.5
18-55mm kit.
Filters etc.

Ill throw up some pics in a bit when I get to the other computer.

word~ sXe

mike t said:
D70 or 700?

D70 can probably be had for cheap on craigslist. Even d80. D700 is another story.

D70... i have the money, but bike stuff comes first. only issue is my sister is stealing away the P&S so i need a way to take pics of the bike in the final stages of build... i have an olympus c-2500L which i can take decent shots with, but being an old digital im super limited, especially in low light/fluorescent situations, which is the case in my basement. also battery life SUCKS on it... im just finding it hard to drop 350 bucks on a D70 with a 50mm lens...

I love photography, I don't know anything about the finer details of it though... I do remember the rule of thirds from highschool though :p

What must be almost 10 years ago now I had one of these little toys
nikon_one.jpg

with which I ran around shooting stuff like this

After which I picked up another Coolpics p&s Nikon which I made most of my first blog with. Everyone knows that the best camera is the one you've got with you so I tried to manage for a while with just a cameraphone (I bought the best camera I could get which also had some phone features) but I've become increasingly dissapointed with its' quality.

This past weekend my wife and I splurged on a brand new Canon EOS Rebel XS. Which I hope will be a good camera (you know... for the baby:))
One of the first of its' pics:
Canon%20004.jpg

I'd love to hear others opinions on the camera and accessories that we may want to look into, I figured we may want to pick up a simple filter almost more for lens protection than anything else and a telephoto lens.

Get a nifty fifty (50mm f1.8 $100) and an 85mm f1.8 ($350) and you will have 2 sharp, great in low light, nice bokeh and depth of field control lenses that will be excellent for photographing children and motorbikes and whatever else takes your fancy. The 18 to 55 that probably came with the camera is not a bad lens for a cheapy and gives you a nice wide angle as well.
A good all in one lens would be the 24 - 105mm f4 L series but thats about a $1K.

www.ryanbarrphotography.com

Photography has been a driving passion since about 8th grade. I was a Brookie for a while, and freelance here and there. Mostly I slang auto parts to pay the bills. I am liking motorcycle photography more and more. I was published in Dice Magazine this fall. It helps that I know people with bikes, who let me shoot them. Otherwise, I like shoot landscape and nature stuff mostly. I try and promote the wedding/portrait stuff, cause it pays, but, it doesn't always get me too excited. I am hoping to get some more commercial work going this year, if I can get a relationship built with a local marketing group. We shall see. \
I appreciate everyone sharing their work. I hope you enjoy mine.

Ryan

i've been at it with my olympus C-2500L...

really is a limiting camera, as I have pretty much zero control over depth of field, aperture is limited, etc etc. also limited to the stock lens as its non-removable.

does macro stuff very well though. I need to pick up some polarizing lenses at some point.

ill get some pics up later.

149211_448684896394_720381394_5560490_7696188_n.jpg

this is about the limit of the quality of this camera (besides being a bit larger, im pulling these from facebook)
72227_442217546394_720381394_5443146_60706_n.jpg

some others i have are decent, dont have them uploaded

Vince Lupo said:
Trying to come up with a better title for this shot -- I took it yesterday in NYC while waiting for the MegaBus.

Any suggestions?

TheTourists.jpg
Lost in NYC ;D

So I'm considering selling my bronica etrs medium format which i love and canon rebel2 so I can buy a digi nikon. But idk. Any comments?

Go for it. I'm HUGE on Nikon stuff, and you could probably make 800+ dollars by selling those two cams, setting you within reach for a D300 with a little more saving, or buy one used with low shutter count for around 1000.

the High ISO capability of that camera is STUNNING. also it feels very good in the hands. its essentially the same camera as the D3, with the few differences coming from making the D3 just a little bit faster, a little bit more comfortable; things that you would pay off if you shot for a living, but that you wont mind missing if your only an enthusiast/ semi pro.

rad man, i think you just motivated me,
but the question is, how much should i list my cameras for?
ive seen the bronica sell for different prices, and the rebel, well idk.

Odd that I'd join this board and my first post would be in here, but photography is my main hobby. I shoot mostly B&W film with older cameras and my color stuff is mostly done digitally.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luketrash/

I've been on flickr a long while and have a hoard or random photos there. Anyway, I'm involved in a couple of local photo clubs. It's easy enough to join. It's hard to avoid getting roped into responsibility ;)

I teach an intro to cameras course at the local college.

It's a rewarding hobby that I wish I knew how to make some money at.

Back
Top Bottom