My cafe racer... ish....

When are you putting the tires on? I'd love to see how the red rims work against the black rubber.

Scarcat said:
When are you putting the tires on? I'd love to see how the red rims work against the black rubber.

Should have my hands on the rubber within a couple days, then it's probably off to Tintin's man for final truing and mounting. Since Tintin is really positive on he guy being detail oriented... i'm not so worried about the rims.

That's it, You've sealed the deal. I've been on the fence about the black on red. Now I know, this is exactly the direction I'm going. I love what you've done so far!

Well, i FINALLY have the bike on the wheels... considering it's been a few months... 6-12 at the most.

Anyway... pic:

DSCF03311.jpg

More updates to follow...

olds-cool said:
That's it, You've sealed the deal. I've been on the fence about the black on red. Now I know, this is exactly the direction I'm going. I love what you've done so far!

Thanks mate.

Decidedly sexy looking bike with the tires on.
What are you going to do for a battery?

See... Thats the way it should be... We should all be allowed to have our project bikes in the living room!!.. LOL!!!...

locO leoN said:
See... Thats the way it should be... We should all be allowed to have our project bikes in the living room!!.. LOL!!!...

Since i'll be buying a place on my own really soon... HELL YEAH it goes in the living room.

Scarcat said:
Decidedly sexy looking bike with the tires on.
What are you going to do for a battery?

really don't know... Tough one to call at this point. I'm really tempted to make it a kick only bike, and use batteries like ChrisF did on his XS.

ultimatly, i'd like to keep that area clean. course, i don't know how at this point....

Hey, really nice cafe! I LOVE it! My next project will be a SOHC CB750F Cafe when I find the right bike to start with.
Keep up the good work!

I haven't done much on my bike, what with moving coming up. I did order a interesting tail light, and I"ve mocked it in.

I'm going to trim the rear fender, probably making it into a fender like what i have on the front (nice and pointed). Anyway, here is the picsL

DSCF0339.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

IagainstI said:
hey Druro,will that tank fit a CB360?

I'm afraid i don't know. I do have a spare tank (dented and such) which could be used for test fitting, if you are in the Toronto Area.

Drewski said:
Hey, really nice cafe! I LOVE it! My next project will be a SOHC CB750F Cafe when I find the right bike to start with.
Keep up the good work!

Hey Drewski,

If you are interested in a cb750, you should PM Butterflymethane. She might have something for ya.
I've seen her cb750 and its in great shape and pretty cheap to..

Ebay... all about the e-bay.

Found it on there by accident (under a favorite seller) and it was pretty damn cheap.

Sweet... vintage 70's swag in original packaging.

Found this on egay, and got it for a great price.

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

So, here is the bike before:

DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

And after:

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0362.jpg

Love the look... perfect fit.

Nice score on the finned covers! You should paint them black and polish the fin edges like on your cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom