Need a title?? Easy Peasy from the Great State of Maine!!

whataulooknat said:
The only thing is see with that free VIN check is that it only goes back 5 years. Say you pickup a bike that has been sitting in a barn for 20 years. Is there any way to check something like that?

I checked all my bikes and they are 89,90,91,92 years.All of them came back clean but one.It showed that it was an insurance write off.

just want to know if this survice is still available and have you tried ohio. i will stop by dmv in the way home to see what they say.

wellzy said:
just want to know if this survice is still available and have you tried ohio. i will stop by dmv in the way home to see what they say.

PM diesel450.I'm not sure if he has been checking this thread.

Yes and I think so. I think I sent one to Ohio early this year. DO check on your own though.

Ben, still dealing with insurance, sorry I had to change carriers.

diesel450 said:
Yes and I think so. I think I sent one to Ohio early this year. DO check on your own though.

Ben, still dealing with insurance, sorry I had to change carriers.

Ok.No problem.Not in a rush so take you're time.

Paper work came in today.Thanks diesel450.Now I gotta get my front end sorted out and go for an inspection to get my title.

Well I found an all black 1993 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 standard in the woods by a rail road track. The last time it was registered was in 06. How would i go about getting a title for this bike? :-\ I really like this bike and do not want to let it go before i can even ride it.

Attachments

• tn4.jpg
    tn4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 281
banditoutlaw said:
Well I found an all black 1993 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 standard in the woods by a rail road track. The last time it was registered was in 06. How would i go about getting a title for this bike? :-\ I really like this bike and do not want to let it go before i can even ride it.

Depends on the laws in your state. Finds like that are usually stolen, but even then, there is a limitation of years that allows it to be retitled to someone. It's been 5 years, might be long enough.

You need to run a VIN check to make sure it isn't stolen or has any loans against it.Then PM diesel450.

You can do a free VIN check here.
https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

Got my title for a GT550 in the mail today, very quick and painless thanks to Diesel. Now to take it to the Oregon DMV and see what happens.

Keep us posted.I got my paper work a while back, but I have to have a complete bike for inspection, just to get a title issued in my name.

Hi, just noticed this thread being new to the forum. Deisel, can you help me in Florida? I know a guy with a couple of cheap old bikes I would like to buy and do a cafe build. Cheers, Greg

Back
Top Bottom