Your Best Finds!

yam81

Been Around the Block
Hey All,
though it would be fun to post a fourm about you best or any find really, from driving back roads and spoting a bike in the corner of your eye/eyes, a crazy deal you got on a bike!

start it off with the first bikes I got, I work with i guy in his 50s he had a 81 Yamaha sr250 that had been in is family since it rolled off the factory line has gone thru his uncle, his dad, to him, back to his uncle, to his brother then back to his dad and has now been sitting around for the last year or so any ways long boring story short I now own two 81 yamaha sr250 one compleat classic look (will stay that way) and a "parts" bike solid frame needs some engine work for a cafe for $200 and the guy i got them off of is totaly stoked that I am planing a cafe build out of the parts bike!

another pos. good find for myself is a CB400t that i saw out of the corner of my eye at work today we were going to a job side on a back road in muskoka and bam i see the bike sitting down by a barn built in 1897 deff not in the best shape sitting out side and all, went to find out what the deal was on the bike if they wanted some one to take it off their hands or a little cash and its gone but no one was in think its a fixer upper cottage? will be heading back there this weekend to see if any one is home then if not I'll take some pics for you guys and gals

my bike... took months of searching, but in the end i ended up with a two owner CB350 with 5000 miles, MINT condition... really not a scratch on her for 700 bucks.

besides that... got my K1 head for 30 bucks SHIPPED... ebay

seen many amazing deals (like 3 free cb350s, 2 with title) but living in the city i simply dont have the space for them... hurts my soul when i have to pass up on amazing deals...

i usually post them to the "spotted" section of the forum when i find em but cant have them for myself.

Okay Rocan . . . where the hell are those three free cb350's? Must have, brain spinning drooling on keyboard . . .

By the way, try saying 3 free cb350's out loud and fast.

My CB350 it found me through a neighbor . Free I had to pay for the title change but hey what the hell
motorcycle-2.jpg

Had a few...

72 Suzuki T250. Rough, but mostly all there. Ran after Kiley fucked with it a bit. $75
Running 2 owner cb500/4. $600 (Most expensive)
68 CL350. $150
77 GL1000. Complete. Free (sold)
76 xs500. Complete. Kinda running. $50
78 xs650. Complete, minus seat and lights. Running. $300
77 cb750. Free (sold)
79? cm400. Running, in terrific shape. Free. (sold)
71 SL175. Runs. Decent shape. Free
84 cr60. Richs fun bike. Runs. All there. Free
75 cb360. Complete POS, but runs. PO had "hartailed" it. Fucking hot mess. But it runs. Free

I think there were some more there somewhere...

God if I could find a 350f for $40 I'd happily break my promise to the wife of "Only one project at a time".

Well its going to a good home. Itll be my buddys first build, with his 7 year old boy. Should be pretty cool. Going to end up as a real low budget, kind of brat thing... Or something...

muzak said:
You didn't say it had to be about bikes... ;) Unlike you guys, I spend more time and money on music crap, hence my name, than bikes. I still LOVE bikes though!!

We are going to record an album in analog, so I recently acquired these at a steal -- both just needed a little attention/cleaning on the inside and have the heads aligned. These two units in the 70's would have run about $3-4,000 for both. I'm super pumped.

$FREE - 4 track
mike_zee_studio_teac_a3340s_270x471.jpg

$250 - mixdown deck
Teac_X-1000R_new.JPG

Sir,

You will absolutely love recording on rusty tape. It is a beautiful thing. Great Score!

Ha, you quoted me before I could change my post. I deleted it for just a moment. Oh, well.

I have dabbled with it on an old R2R I have (I now have 3 of these things and a wire reel to reel [before they had tape] that we'll use on something), but these are of professional quality. I also just got Logic Studio on my iMac, so I'm just waiting on getting a few more analog items (compressors, rack reverb units, etc) to complete what we need.

Sweet score, I dont know why but I love the old reel to reels, they have a sound that can't be duplicated. My buddy's old man had one in the basement we used to jam in.

Not mine (unfortunately :'() but a buddy just scored this Spankin' New '09 Ducati 1198 for $12k (MSRP is/was $16k).
utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTguanBn.jpg

my 02 cbr 600f4i with 3k miles on it.. needed a front fairing, fender, and a mirror.. $1500.. rode it for 3 years, and sold it for $3500..
59 chevy apache big back window, shortbed fleetside.. rusty as shit, but all there and rare as shit.. free
58 desoto firesweep, brand new interior with an original 8way power bench, minimal rust, locked up motor.. free.. sold it for 500 because i was poor.. still regret it..
72 cl350 1600 miles, got the original title from the dealer.. la bunch of pitting but complete.. $500
many many many honda civics from 86-96 for no more than $200.. best one was an 88 dx sedan with 70k on it for $20, drove it for 2 years.. latest one is a 96 civic dx sedan for $100.. needs a head gasket, so $150 in parts and 3 hours of labor will equal a $2000 civic.. most fun cheap civic was an 89 lx sedan with a 1.6 si swap with a 6 puck sprung clutch and a little tuning with chrome and a conversion harness, fucker spun tire into 3rd gear.. i was actually given a full tank of gas and $20 to take it home (buddy was moving and didnt want to take the car..)
78 dodge colt coupe.. rwd tiny little shit box with not drivetrain for $50.. it was solid too.. should have kept it..

Von already got some of the good stuff of mine but I want to make 1 correction - the cr60 didn't have a gas tank. And I'm getting new tires put on it now just so we don't get egg-shaped wheels.......but the SL175 is freakin awesome.

68 CL175: complete w/ title $250
83 GR650: needed tlc $575
83 GR650: 3100 miles / gorgeous $700
83 GR650: no title, seat, forks, wheels $150

And if the goofball on clist realizes his Suzuki is just for parts, I may have another 650 soon......

Ive got super rare mopeds x3. All for cheap. I have basically the only ones in Canada.
My VW MKII Golf was 800 bucks & I sold it three years later & barely any money into it for $950
Dont usually find insane deals, but do like the chase
Oh my titled cb160 was $250. Its in pieces, but thats a pretty sweet deal

Back
Top Bottom