Beachcomber's Tales from the day

The best of luck with the tests BC. I may not post here every day but I think of how you are doing and hope its going well for you.

Well - that was fun ...............................not.

Clean bill of health [ OK, stabilsed condition ] means life is returned to normal [ whatever that is ! ] and I can concentrate on "living".

I'm taking a couple of months "self" time - maybe a trip over to Saxony to really get my head cleared, and then back to Tales, the Book, my Project etc.

beachcomber said:
Well - that was fun ...............................not.

Clean bill of health [ OK, stabilsed condition ] means life is returned to normal [ whatever that is ! ] and I can concentrate on "living".

I'm taking a couple of months "self" time - maybe a trip over to Saxony to really get my head cleared, and then back to Tales, the Book, my Project etc.

YES!!!!! Great News, congratulations!

04-1960-fiat-bartoletti-scarab-team-transporter-a.jpg

TAF, is that a wagon load of Scarabs ?

OK, meds working, back to completing the KZ750 Flat Tracker - and I've got back into the "book". 8)

Final round up tales before the year's out ;)

Fiat Scarabs them are. I posted thinking they were cobras focused on the number 5 car... then I put my glasses on after the Deviant commented :-X

Ahhh back when Formula 1 was still killing guys. It's a shame Scarab showed up with a front engine car when the mid engine arrangement had basically obsoleted front engine technology.

I believe that they later built a mid engine sports car that is now owned by Augie Pabst (of Pabst Blue Ribbon), but I have been on different circuits than Augie for the last few years so I'm not sure if this is still the case.

I'm pretty certain it turned up at Goodwood last year. Originally ran with a 4 ltr Olds engine and very soon swapped to 327 Chevy - later taken to 364ci.

Coincidentally I'm currently re-reading Preston Lerner's excellent Scarab History with photos by Dave Friedman.

And both the Chevy and Olds were successful stateside. For whatever reason the Scarabs seems to have more allure in the land of the Angles than that of the Rebels. Seems curious to me as the Scarab certainly paved the way for the massively loved Dan Gurney and his Eagle. At least in terms of US constructors. Dan obviously competed in one form or another for quite a while at the time of the Scarab, with BRM (remembering this off hand) guidance being massively influential.

OK - back into redrafting the Tales ready for final proof reading. About 20% through now - 2017 has to be the deadline.

They will retain all the original "language", we'll have to see what any potential publisher has to say.

Was it really November 2010 when I started "The Tales" ::) .....................??

I've had a roller coaster journey during that time and enjoyed most of it - especially the recollection of the Tales. I've also made some good global pals along the way - thanx one and all.

Here's where we're at.

Despite MANY promises that I would get on with the "Book", I am now finally focussing on completion. Still some time off, but the health issues of the past 3 years or so have slowed my ambition down a tad.

Current [ monthly ] tests show no further kidney decline, and even a little optimistic improvement.

After yet another computer attack, where ALL my documents were "kidnapped" and held to ransom, I have once more had to download [ one at a time ] all the tales from the DTT site, and this time printed them off AND stored them on a separate external drive. ;) ;)

I'm anticipating revamp / redraft / proof reading should be completed by next Spring / Summer.

In the meantime I'll start searching for a suitable publisher. Then hopefully ready to be released before Christmas 2017 8)

Christmas sitrep.

Thanx to everyone for the continued interest / encouragement.

Just had the end of year health assessment - NO decline in condition, in fact stabilised.

I'm just catching up with some issues I had to sideline during the course of the year.

Clean slate for 2017, and back on the tales / book.

I'll take this opportunity to wish one and all a Happy Christmas and a healthy New Year.

Tune-A-Fish© said:
I have an updated word document of the entire thread of stories mang :eek:

Crazy,

Thanx for that info. - for some reason ( self confessed computer dummy ) I have not been able to retrieve all the Tales and other little anecdotes.

If I need any gaps filling, could you send me the missing Tales please ? I will keep on trying to download them all.

I have set February aside to begin to put all the Tales in order and I'm continuing to revamp and proofread them all.

I have set myself a deadline of the back end of 2017 for completion and hopefully - publication. Health permitting of course.

Thanx to everyone for your continued support and encouragement.

beachcomber said:
Crazy,

Thanx for that info. - for some reason ( self confessed computer dummy ) I have not been able to retrieve all the Tales and other little anecdotes.

If I need any gaps filling, could you send me the missing Tales please ? I will keep on trying to download them all.

I have set February aside to begin to put all the Tales in order and I'm continuing to revamp and proofread them all.

I have set myself a deadline of the back end of 2017 for completion and hopefully - publication. Health permitting of course.

Thanx to everyone for your continued support and encouragement.

Sure! I would be happy to.

Re-drafting and proofreading 50% done now and I'm spending FAR too much time reading my own stories !!!! ::)

There's a couple of fleeting Tales floating around that might make it to a full blown Tale, but basically we're into "write it up time" now.

First health check of the year done and still on track for stabilised situation ............... and the sun's out today ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom