Finally...some pics of my GS750 cafe project...

TonUpSoldier

bad assed, super fast and fully gassed
Keep in mind its still a project in progress, and these snaps came off my phone...ill get some more up as i go...

this is what she looked like after day one of cutting on her...i had already started with the forks and wheels, i knew what i wanted cos i like the black and gold the guy had goin looked purty good, just wasnt executed well. So i took off the forks, rims and painted the rims and spokes black and the fork bottoms gold. The tank as you can see got zapped right away just this week. then i cut the frame about where i wanted it. It currently has a rigid suspension on it, that came that way, so thanks to Noel and those snazzy shocks, that will be getting fixed in a week or so..

and heres my tank after hours of playing with bondo for my first time, and coated with primer...

and the finished product...Noel you'd be happy...thats all rattle can baby...gotta love it...bout 15 coats of clear on it too..hopefully it wont get ruined should a little gas hit it...we'll see.

ill put up some more tomorrow when the suns up. Frankly i didnt even know i could send photos to my email so some of these are kinda dated... done a bit since..

Hope ya like

WOW!!... it looks really nice!!!
Keep the pics coming!.. I never though much of the gold/black combo but Im rethinking it now!!..

;D

Cant wait to see the shocks on the bike!!

Thanks man! Shes a bit ugly at the moment, kinda looks cafe/bobber/tracker...but i fell in love with her when i saw her..i saw alot of potential, and she's STUPID fast for an old bike. Havent touched the engine just yet aside for a valve job, which im waiting on some shims for, and i have some stainless hexhead bolts coming. The case covers are gonna be black with polished stainless bolts for a little bling factor. I need some bar end mirrors for it for sure..dont like those big dogears flappin in the breeze. Ill put some more pics up tomorrow, as ive done a bunch today but it got dark on me..i doan have a garage :(

Admin please move to Big Arse Projects...i'll just make this part of my project thread...Thanks!!!

Josh

Thanks!!!

Ok so Im kinda torn on my side covers...I didnt like horizontal stripes, and im not sure about the vertical...i kinda like em, but kinda not...Opinions???

Volvo fo life! I used to have a M47 Turbo 740 Wagon. Rockin sled. Looking to get another one shortly.

Steve

Thats my enlistment from the Swedish main battle tank regiment...lol 85 Volvo 240 wagon. Tank. Cost me 600 bucks and runs like a top aside from the current electrical issues (SUPRISE!!)

mmmm I like it. I really want to chop the butt off of my CB500 just like yours but I havent worked up the nerve yet lol.

Thanks man!! I appreciate it! And actually i cut that a little shorter than i probably should have..i saw some cafes with that short look and i really liked it, but i then realized that any "buyable" readymade seat is going to require some serious cutdown. Either that or im going to have to weld some supports on. We'll see how it goes..but i really do like that shorty look. Just go for it man!!! I mean unless you're trying to cafe it but keep the original parts for later, worst comes to worst you can always pay a local mom and pop muffler shop 50 clams to weld it back on for ya...

Wow, love the chopped seat. I'm also thinking about chopping the seat off of my little CL350. What do you have planned in the way of your brake light and tag?

I, personally, like the look of the vertical stripes.

Bike looks amazing.

Actually you cant see in those pics, but i have a brake/tail light and license plate side mounted to my rear axle bolts (on the left side of the bike...) works out pretty well, and high enough up i would drag my pegs before i dragged it, but i wont have to worry about that at all when i get her raised back up a bit..

Thanks for the compliments man! she's still a work in progress as i said. Ill be adding a cafe seat as soon as i decide which style i wanna go, cant decide if i want the boxy H2 style or a traditional bubble seat. Im leaning toward the H2 cos i think it will keep the aggressive lines, and a tip of the cap to the original Zook boat tail seat that she came with...but we'll see..

TonUpSoldier said:
Actually you cant see in those pics, but i have a brake/tail light and license plate side mounted to my rear axle bolts (on the left side of the bike...) works out pretty well, and high enough up i would drag my pegs before i dragged it, but i wont have to worry about that at all when i get her raised back up a bit..

Thanks for the compliments man! she's still a work in progress as i said. Ill be adding a cafe seat as soon as i decide which style i wanna go, cant decide if i want the boxy H2 style or a traditional bubble seat. Im leaning toward the H2 cos i think it will keep the aggressive lines, and a tip of the cap to the original Zook boat tail seat that she came with...but we'll see..

heres a pic of it...

TonUpSoldier. Do you know if that is the original tank for the gs650? It looks a bit big. I'm sure you know me from the GSResource Forum. I have the gs650g. My tank is so small, I'd like to get a larger one. If that is the stock size for a gs750, then maybe that's what I need to look into.

To be honest im not absolutely possitive, but I am pretty certain thats the stock 750 tank, minus the top cap cover. I thought it looked bigger than stock too, but after comparing it to a stocker its the same size, i think part of the reason it looks bigger is because the frame is cut so short theres really nothing to reference its size to (seat, tail section etc) The seat would have come up a good inch or so up the bottom of the tank, and the stock length would have played tricks on the eyes to make it look smaller too...at least thats what im goin with...lol

Need some input...Should i ditch the meg on my VH and goto a tip?? The PO cut the baffle on it and i was going to order another, but it will require a resynch obviously. But ive been thinking just a nice tip off the collector would look kinda sweet. Wouldnt be any louder than it is now, cos its FREAKIN loud (my neighbours hate me) but it would be a more knarly growl. Opinions??

its too shiney for your bike. scuff it,cut it off in line with the beginning of your sidecover and throw a turn out tip on it, hit it with flat black,and wrap it.

also, and I may be a complete asshole for saying this, do something with the rear section. throw a bump stop on or chop the frame and turn it into a hardtail bobber type idea but dont do half of both.

Back
Top Bottom