The Mosquito! (KZ250)

Re: The Mosquito!

Oh, and forgot to add...after much jetting, I think I have the carb dialed in. Runs great with no stumbles. Oiling the filter helped a bunch. I may go down one more size on the main one of these days, but I want to ride it for a while first.

What does oiling the filter do? and what do you oil it with.
And don't say oil!

Bike look great, lovely proportions going on :)

It's a foam filter, like a Uni-Filter, but some off brand. I have a K&N filter cleaning/oiling kit and I used the K&N oil. That essentially closed up the filter and made the bike run richer. I actually need to go up maybe one more size on the main. It tops out just shy of 80mph and I can feel it hesitating just a little at WOT on a loooong stretch. If I went up one or two sizes on the main, I could probably break 80+ mph.

As it is, it runs great down low and is like any other bike up to around 55-60 mph. Only over 60 does it start running out of steam and feeling like a tiny bike. It's actually very quick from a stop and through the turns. Small bike ....~235 lbs...plus big single piston equals TORQUE! It's pretty fun.

Oh...and the LH side foot peg it what fell off this time! I found it, but lost a spacer. I need to have a spacer made and then find a way to secure it better. I had used blue lock-tite, but...
I blame the Chinese rear sets and a buzzy bike.

Went back and found the spacer, but the linkage rod is fubar. Just need to come up with a stronger rod for the shift linkage. And some RED lock-tite!

Back
Top Bottom