CB500T Cafe Build

Right on man, I dig it, an oxy/fuel rig is the one type of welder I dont currently have. I just know that a braze weld has a much lower tensile strength than other forms. I really like the tray.

Going back together

Attachments

• IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 380
WoodsCustoms said:
Got some goodies and made a little more progress.

Finally ordered my caliper, but in order to get the right clearance I need to build a spacer between the disk and hub. About 6mm is required to make the disk center in the caliper. The caliper does not float. I am going to machine down an old disk carrier I have laying around. Also got the master cylinder (11mm Brembo with a brake light switch) and measured up the line length I need.

Nice brake setup! I am running a similar setup, but dual disk, on my KZs. I'm using the Brembo and Grimeca Lockheed replicas because they're cheaper but the original AP ones look so good with those fins.

Putting the wiring harness on now, will give it a final wrap after I get it running.

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 364
A man has to know his limitations - upholstery work is def one of mine! Got the seat covered and I must say damn fine work!

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 350
Late night

Attachments

• IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    775.9 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
Looks great man! How much room do you have to that fork brace from the tyre? Bars look very comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SF, it's been a long time coming and still got work left to do, but nice to see it looking like a motorcycle again. On the fork brace there is plenty of clearance for the width of the tire and a little more than 1/4" between the top of the tire and the bottom of the brace. Should be enough to account for "tire growth," but we will see

A lot of "invisible" work- wireing harness tidied up and tested again. Brakes got juice and oil with Lucas zinc break in additive. Peg rubbers and seat too. Still need to finish up exhaust and mounts to maker her run, then some break in and tuning!!

Attachments

• IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 294
Thanks Popeye! I had a lot of life slow this project, but I love building and wrenching nearly as much as riding so no quitting, it's too much fun playing with these old bikes. Got a '51 Triumph on deck, will be nice to have a rider while I'm wrenching on the next one.

Back
Top Bottom